I've not tried it, but could I? If so, does the adult then have to
carry them around? If not, could a single parent leave the toddler
alone while they go - because ya know... time freezes in the house
while they're out...

~*~
vecki

I was just picturing how cute it would be if you could get a pushchair
and take your toddlers to a park for a little fresh air... my toddlers
just stay inside until their birthdays... :-(

~*~
vecki

vecki wrote:
> I was just picturing how cute it would be if you could get a pushchair
> and take your toddlers to a park for a little fresh air... my toddlers
> just stay inside until their birthdays... :-(
>
> ~*~
> vecki

There are a couple of neat outside things for toddlers at MTS2. One is a
sandpile and the other is a wading pool. Both of them use the splashing
animation. But at least you can take the kidlets outside for some sun while
mommy takes a quick lap in the pool and daddy is grilling hotdogs. <g>

Jeanie

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I was just picturing how cute it would be if you could get a pushchair
> and take your toddlers to a park for a little fresh air... my toddlers
> just stay inside until their birthdays... :-(
>
> ~*~
Put a carpet square down on the lawn. Toddlers will play with toys on a
carpet.

Baby sling would also be good to let Sims get off their lots.

GG

Granny Grumpling wrote:

> Put a carpet square down on the lawn. Toddlers will play with toys on a
> carpet.
>
> Baby sling would also be good to let Sims get off their lots.
>
> GG

Oh, I've put toys directly on the lawn and they'll play with
them there, too. But I love the sandpile mentioned in a post
above. They're so cute sitting there "playing" in the sand.
And there's not much Sim toddlers do that I refer to as "cute" <g>

Laura

ali

Laura Castellano wrote:
> Granny Grumpling wrote:
>
>> Put a carpet square down on the lawn. Toddlers will play with toys on
>> a carpet.
>>
>> Baby sling would also be good to let Sims get off their lots.
>>
>> GG
>>

> Oh, I've put toys directly on the lawn and they'll play with
> them there, too. But I love the sandpile mentioned in a post
> above. They're so cute sitting there "playing" in the sand.
> And there's not much Sim toddlers do that I refer to as "cute" <g>
>
> Laura

I cannot stand when they get into the toilet, it drives me bonkers! I
have to keep an eye on them when they are being potty trained because
when they're done the idiotic parent just stands there and lets them do
it! Oh, and I can't stand the way they rock back and forth like a
mental patient, I don't know any toddlers that do that. I get the
parents to teach them what they need to know and then I use the painting
that lets you age them, it's less aggravating.

Ali

ali wrote:

> I cannot stand when they get into the toilet, it drives me bonkers!

I don't like it either. I use the flamingos to keep the needs up, and
then just sell all the toilets.

No toilets to play in = no bad toddlers.

Sell the dirty toilets instead of emptying them.

-georg

ali

georg wrote:
> ali wrote:
>
>> I cannot stand when they get into the toilet, it drives me bonkers!
>

> I don't like it either. I use the flamingos to keep the needs up, and
> then just sell all the toilets.
>
> No toilets to play in = no bad toddlers.
>
> Sell the dirty toilets instead of emptying them.
>
> -georg

I sell the potty rather than empty it, the adults are so annoying when
emptying it that it's just easier to sell it and buy another one. I've
also taken to putting the potty in the child's room rather than the
bathroom, that way they can't go right for the toilet afterwards.

Ali

ali wrote:
> georg wrote:
>> ali wrote:
>>
>>> I cannot stand when they get into the toilet, it drives me bonkers!
>>

>> I don't like it either. I use the flamingos to keep the needs up, and
>> then just sell all the toilets.
>>
>> No toilets to play in = no bad toddlers.
>>
>> Sell the dirty toilets instead of emptying them.
>>
>> -georg
>

> I sell the potty rather than empty it, the adults are so annoying when
> emptying it that it's just easier to sell it and buy another one.
> I've also taken to putting the potty in the child's room rather than
> the bathroom, that way they can't go right for the toilet afterwards.
>
> Ali

Again, MTS2 has hacks for both of these problems. There's a hack that stops
them playing in the adult toilet and a potty chair hack that never needs
emptying. Once you install the hack, it should affect every potty chair
already in use, but if it doesn't, just sell it and buy a new one and it
will be bottomless. <g>

Having toddlers playing in the toilet doesn't bother me that much in the
game. What seems odd is that their hygiene level doesn't go down when they
do it.

Jeanie

"Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Oh, I've put toys directly on the lawn and they'll play with
> them there, too.

On the grass?? The only time I tried that I couldn;t select the toys so I
never tried again. 8(((

But I love the sandpile mentioned in a post
> above. They're so cute sitting there "playing" in the sand.
> And there's not much Sim toddlers do that I refer to as "cute" <g>

Ain't that a fact?

GG.

vecki wrote:
> I've not tried it, but could I? If so, does the adult then have to
> carry them around? If not, could a single parent leave the toddler
> alone while they go - because ya know... time freezes in the house
> while they're out...

I don't think you can. The game asks you who is going to babysit or if you
want to hire a nanny.

Gareeth

Jeanie wrote:
> ali wrote:
>> georg wrote:

>>> I don't like it either. I use the flamingos to keep the needs up,
>>> and then just sell all the toilets.
>>>
>>> No toilets to play in = no bad toddlers.
>>>
>>> Sell the dirty toilets instead of emptying them.
>>>
>>> -georg
>>

>> I sell the potty rather than empty it, the adults are so annoying
>> when emptying it that it's just easier to sell it and buy another
>> one. I've also taken to putting the potty in the child's room rather
>> than the bathroom, that way they can't go right for the toilet
>> afterwards.
>>
>> Ali
>
> Again, MTS2 has hacks for both of these problems. There's a hack
> that stops them playing in the adult toilet and a potty chair hack
> that never needs emptying. Once you install the hack, it should
> affect every potty chair already in use, but if it doesn't, just sell
> it and buy a new one and it will be bottomless. <g>
>
> Having toddlers playing in the toilet doesn't bother me that much in
> the game. What seems odd is that their hygiene level doesn't go down
> when they do it.
>
> Jeanie

The no playing in toilets hack is here.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=45491

Jeanie

> That sounds like the response you get when one of your sims has been
> spying
> on the neighbours with the telescope. If your sims looks through the
> telescope during the day, they can't watch the stars in the sky so they
> watch the stars of the neighbourhood instead. This PO your elder sims who
> tend come round and poke the spying sim in the eye (serves them right - if
> saw anyone dong that to me, I'd poke 'em in the eye too).
>
> So, do tell, have your sims got a telescope?

It amuses me the telescope during daylight. Ignoring the fact that
astronomical telescopes 'usually' turn the viewed object upsideown....
I love the way the Sims scan the area and home in on a bush 'Ooooh! Bush!'
Then a garden chair 'Ahh! Chair!'
Or, those wonderful times when they spot a face, and go all excited and
furtive, covering up to eyepiece and saying 'Cor! Wow! Oh... my!'

That's the time the owner of the face comes round to have a fight.
Try moving the nosy sim out on the lawn, quickly, then building a fence
round him before the annoyed Sim turns up. Telling them to go for a swim is
good as well. Annoyed Sim mooching about looking for a fight then goes home
in disgust

GG

Maxon wrote:
> That sounds like the response you get when one of your sims has been
> spying on the neighbours with the telescope. If your sims looks
> through the telescope during the day, they can't watch the stars in
> the sky so they watch the stars of the neighbourhood instead. This
> PO your elder sims who tend come round and poke the spying sim in the
> eye (serves them right - if I saw anyone dong that to me, I'd poke
> 'em in the eye too).
>
> So, do tell, have your sims got a telescope?
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

It's not just elder sims who get ticked at being spied on. Now that
Mortimer Goth is dead in Pleasantville, it's usuallu John Burb who comes
rushing in to slap the piss out of the nosy parker. LOL The only thing
that bothers me about that whole scenario is that the slapped sim (or their
housemates) doesn't get the option to fight back. All they can do is stand
there and weep. The housemates don't even get an option to console them.

Jeanie

Granny Grumpling wrote:

> Try moving the nosy sim out on the lawn, quickly, then building
> fence round him before the annoyed Sim turns up. Telling them
> to go
> for a swim is good as well. Annoyed Sim mooching about looking
> for a
> fight then goes home in disgust

This once happened to my sims who were about to get married. She
had taken the time to spy on old Vidcund "Victim" Curious before
the bells tolled. She hurried to the altar, where beloved was
already waiting... Animation starts, game zooms in on the happy
couple exchanging rings. On the background Vidcund can be seen,
impatiently waiting for them to please hurry it up, he had to
smack someone in the face. But they left for honeymoon. Vidcund
exits stage right. Didn't even smash the cake.

T.

"Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> Granny Grumpling wrote:
>
>> Try moving the nosy sim out on the lawn, quickly, then building a
>> fence round him before the annoyed Sim turns up. Telling them to go
>> for a swim is good as well. Annoyed Sim mooching about looking for a
>> fight then goes home in disgust
>
> This once happened to my sims who were about to get married. She had taken
> the time to spy on old Vidcund "Victim" Curious before the bells tolled.
> She hurried to the altar, where beloved was already waiting... Animation
> starts, game zooms in on the happy couple exchanging rings. On the
> background Vidcund can be seen, impatiently waiting for them to please
> hurry it up, he had to smack someone in the face. But they left for
> honeymoon. Vidcund exits stage right. Didn't even smash the cake.

Snigger.... 8))))

Vidcund went a-visiting just now. Nice new mummy with a toddler and child
and how did he greet her? Flung a water balloon at her head.
Mummy cried, and turned to Nervous - who gave her a buzzy-hand.
Mummy cried. Said hello to Bella, then decided to give Vidcund another go.
Another hand buzzer while nervous hooted in the background.
Mummy went mad and threw them both off her lot.

BUM! Should have edited them a bit before letting them lose on my gently
brought up darlings.

Granny.

Granny Grumpling wrote:

> Snigger.... 8))))
>
> Vidcund went a-visiting just now. Nice new mummy with a toddler and child
> and how did he greet her? Flung a water balloon at her head.
> Mummy cried, and turned to Nervous - who gave her a buzzy-hand.
> Mummy cried. Said hello to Bella, then decided to give Vidcund another go.
> Another hand buzzer while nervous hooted in the background.
> Mummy went mad and threw them both off her lot.
>
> BUM! Should have edited them a bit before letting them lose on my gently
> brought up darlings.

Whomever thought of the sim pranks ought to be tied to an electrified
chair and have water balloons lobbed at them all day. I hate them.

-georg

Flung a water balloon at her head.
>> Mummy cried, and turned to Nervous - who gave her a buzzy-hand.
>> Mummy cried. Said hello to Bella, then decided to give Vidcund another
>> go. Another hand buzzer while nervous hooted in the background.
>> Mummy went mad and threw them both off her lot.
>>
>> BUM! Should have edited them a bit before letting them lose on my gently
>> brought up darlings.
>
> Whomever thought of the sim pranks ought to be tied to an electrified
> chair and have water balloons lobbed at them all day. I hate them.
>
> -georg

YES! YES! <Calm down, granny>
Probably people who think the Three Stooges are funny.

Roll on the hack to edit out those merry pranks.

GG

Nanci Donacki wrote:

> According to the Prima guide, a toddler is supposed to be able to get out of
> the crib once they learn how to walk. I've never been able to get one to do
> that. It would be helpful. Then the screaming toddler could climb out
> him/herself and play with the toilet!
> -ned

I've seen this happen a time or two--they shake the bars until
the side of the crib comes down. Doesn't happen often, though.

Laura

"Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> Granny Grumpling wrote:
>
>> Try moving the nosy sim out on the lawn, quickly, then building a
>> fence round him before the annoyed Sim turns up. Telling them to go
>> for a swim is good as well. Annoyed Sim mooching about looking for a
>> fight then goes home in disgust
>
> This once happened to my sims who were about to get married. She had taken
> the time to spy on old Vidcund "Victim" Curious before the bells tolled.
> She hurried to the altar, where beloved was already waiting... Animation
> starts, game zooms in on the happy couple exchanging rings. On the
> background Vidcund can be seen, impatiently waiting for them to please
> hurry it up, he had to smack someone in the face. But they left for
> honeymoon. Vidcund exits stage right. Didn't even smash the cake.

More anon re: Vidcund. That man is strange.
I wanted a particular series of snapshots and when Circe wanted to 'spy'
through the telescope thought 'whoopie!'
Up she went, homed in on Vidcund and did a lot of giggling and pulling
faces.
I held a view of the front of the house waiting for Vidcund to come
galloping up and yes, yes... No. Arrival of visitors eager to see who had
moved into the Beaker Bunker.
While Circe was strolling downstairs up rushed Vidcund, frothing at the
mouth; threw a paddy at the door because he couldn;t get past; elbowed one
guy out of the way and plunged into the house.

I was there, waiting in camera view, my finger poised over the 'P' key.
Along came Circe. Up stormed Vidcund.
'Tee-hee. hello, Circe,' simpered the bottle-blonde pest and 'Nish-nash'
said he and turned round and went back home, his face covered in a big grin.

I was furious.

Granny.

Yeah, but, Vidcund has a crush on Circe courtesy of Maxis. Maybe this
affects reactions, like

I spy a spy, let's go see who's perving on me! Oh, gee wiz, the girl I'm hot
for wants to ogle me, yay!

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> Yeah, but, Vidcund has a crush on Circe courtesy of Maxis. Maybe this
> affects reactions, like
>
> I spy a spy, let's go see who's perving on me! Oh, gee wiz, the girl I'm
> hot
> for wants to ogle me, yay!

Yeah, I gathered that, but I was still furious. Now I have to wait for
someone else.
Besides Vidcund has just met Brandi broke who moved into my Simpson
furnished house after a sudden windfall from a rich uncle she forgot she
had.

Brandi likes the look of Vidcund.
Brandi needs glasses.

Also, I think we should take a close look at General Buzz.
Brandi's son, Beau is the spitting image of the Grunt brat.
Perhaps he is a bigamist? That would be interesting. Edit her relationship
files so that she is his spouse and hates him? Or loves him... whatever.
Got to bring those two boys together, anyway. I will think about this. Easy
to father one child and not know about it, but THREE, and one a teenager??
Oh yes. I have a feeling general grunt is suddenly going to become the head
of a rather larger household than he expected.

Granny - plotting.

aahz

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005

simple as pie, just DON'T feed it the leg of ham. Soon, it'll stick out it's
"tongue" with a peice of "cake" that almost no sim can resist, then, gulp!
Too bad children/toddlers can't reach it...maybe a footstool...

>> I have just cheated my way into owning one of them cow-eating plants. Er,
> apart from the leg of cow, how /exactly/ do you get the plant to eat tod..
> .. I mean Sims! Sims. Eat Sims you don't like?
>
> Granny.

I also put mine in the garden out front near the gate, then any Sim walking
by is a possible meal. I don't know if kids can be cow fodder, but they can
feed it.