Receiving Window Error

June 8, 2004 12:42:19 PM

Do you happen to know a fix for the following error:

Error: 0x80004005

I receive this error during start up of my computer.

I am not able to enter my desktop.

Any ideas or fixes out there available.

Please reply to this e-mail when you get a chance.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Scott

More about : receiving window error

June 8, 2004 8:08:01 PM

This appears to be related to ODBC, Jet, or data querying
components.

Have you tried booting to Safe Mode?
If not, with the PC powered all the way off, power it up
and as soon as the black&white BIOS screen is finishing,
push F8 every second or so until the boot option screen
comes up. That should allow you to boot to Safe Mode even
with this problem.
Once booted to Safe Mode, you can apply patches.
Of course, it's the usual Catch-22: you have to have
access to a computer that works before you can fix it.

Believe it or not, DirectX is involved with data-access.
So update to DirectX9b.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
FamilyID=141d5f9e-07c1-462a-baef-
5eab5c851cf5&displaylang=en

Also, install MDAC 2.8RTM from:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/downloads/updates/defaul...
spx

You need to apply all Windows Updates if you ever get
booted in regular mode.

There's probably only one patch that you need, but not
knowing which one, running through all these items should
fix it.

!