Sign in with
Your question

How to clean case fans?

Last response: in Components
August 10, 2009 6:54:39 PM

Well, I thought one time I heard it is bad to clean computer case fans with compressed air, b/c its bad for the fan motor when the fan blade spins while spraying it with canned air? Please help!

More about : clean case fans

August 10, 2009 7:06:37 PM

Quote:
b/c its bad for the fan motor when the fan blade spins

:o  How 'bout a damp windex cloth and a little rubbing hit 'ya.
m
l
August 10, 2009 7:10:45 PM

Or clean the PC when the PC is turned off so the fan motor won't be on ...

Me I just clean them with a toothbrush (you know the one the dentist give you but you rarely use because they are so bad) and/or Q-Tips.
m
l
Related resources
August 10, 2009 7:33:40 PM

turn pc off, dis connect fan, HOLD the blades still and then compress air / vacuum (less effective) it.
m
l
August 10, 2009 9:12:58 PM

Zenthar said:
Or clean the PC when the PC is turned off so the fan motor won't be on ...

Me I just clean them with a toothbrush (you know the one the dentist give you but you rarely use because they are so bad) and/or Q-Tips.

We have a few toothbrushes computer fan cleaners around the office. Even stock the 5 minute hourglass timer (two pictured in box). I recommend the 5 minute hourglass sand timer to aid in applying the proper time, 5 minutes, it takes to properly clean teeth a case fan. I also stock a truckload of hospital quality Q tips. Just the usual case fan checkup and regular cleaning stuff. What is the maximum amount of RAM a 32 bit OS will address? Pull yourself together man. :) 

m
l
August 10, 2009 9:18:58 PM

I like to get drunk and clean mine with compressed air.
m
l
August 10, 2009 9:21:25 PM

bpogdowz said:
I like to get drunk and clean mine with compressed air.

I think someone is at the door. Let me put this jack. air and fan down. It must be the escourt service.
m
l
August 25, 2009 3:30:09 PM

well first i would suggest you to turn the PC off and then take them out of the case clean the fan area with some clothes,you can use a cleaner too.
then use a tooth brush or a very small cloth (like the size of a screen cleaners) thats what i use lol,
and then for the FAN you could use a cotton bud but be carefull dont press the fan too much while you clean it in case you damage it and then it will be noisy.thats what i use theyre very good
m
l
!