Sign in with
Your question

OT: PC builders (non-gaming) other than CyberPower and IBuyPower

Last response: in Systems
May 7, 2009 8:47:07 AM

Hi. I'm posting this here because the "Systems" section forces you to pick a sub-category which only lists major manufacturers. So, I hope I'm not violating any TomsGuide rules here. Sorry in advance if I am.

Long story short, I'm thinking of ordering a PC, but I don't like what the major manufacturers are offering. CyberPower and IBuyPower only seem to build gaming PC's - with crazy lights and weird cases. I just want something more "normal", but I don't know if I want to build one myself again (I did it once and loved it, but I may not have the time right now).

Are there any other well-known vendors who do semi-custom PC building like CyberPower and IBuyPower?

Thanks.

LouLoomis
May 7, 2009 1:01:32 PM

Hi. I'm sorry, but I don't see how a guide about how to post inquiries for new system builds pertains to my inquiry which is solely about vendor selection.

Thanks.

LouLoomis
a b 4 Gaming
May 7, 2009 1:19:46 PM

Build one and dun look back!

Ok for XP if on 64 bit OS/Vista just add 2 more GB RAM hehe Had built several by now off that mobo and good to go with Windows 7, Fedora, Ubuntu, Vista, XP and several other linux distros too weird sounding lol
May 9, 2009 5:17:03 AM

Anyone know if there any other well-known vendors who do semi-custom PC building like CyberPower and IBuyPower?

Thanks.
LouLoomis
!