Anyone else fighting MB about Daylight Saving Time change?

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
So, I get up Sunday morning and my computer clock and other clocks disagree. I didn't get the usual warning from the computer about it changing Daylight Saving Time, but it did "Fall Back" an hour. I didn't think I would have missed the time change so checked my newspaper homepage, nothing there.

So on to Google and started typing in "daylight savings time change..." and found my question from last year and changed to 2009. First site listed said it changed on Oct. 25, 2009 for the U.S. Next site said, correctly, that it changed on the 1st Sunday of Nov. for the U.S. and Oct 25 for the EU and most of the world. Seems that our Congress has been debating Daylight Savings again and changed it a couple yrs ago. Likely to extend daylight for Halloween.

But, my system clock keeps changing back to change the time and give me an extra hour. Didn't see it happen, might have done it again at 2AM. Guess I'll have to disable the setting to keep it from "correcting" me when it polls the time server. I think all the atomic clocks are using the European Union date.

Anyone else?

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
The problem is from the synch with the Internet Time server "time.windows.com" that's offered in Windows. This server is now an hour behind for US Time Zones. If I manually synch it, it Falls Back and gives me the extra hour. So someone at Microsoft decided to use Canada/Mexico time for the server, rather than US time.

I disabled the Automatically Synch and it's fine now. But something's wrong with the Windows Time Server.