Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Motherboards
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
August 10, 2009 9:58:51 PM

Hello all,

Would like some advice, would be very happy if you could help me.

I have recently got a bigger PSU 800watts ready for my SLi system (2x 8800GTS 640MB). I installed it all on my P5N-E SLi motherboard, but have major heat issues with the system. My current motherboard idle temperature is showing at 54oC on PC Probe. It went to 60oC when I went into a game that I like to play.

Im wondering wether it may be something to do with the case im using and poor airflow to the 2 gfx cards as they are fairly close together? Im currently using a Thermaltake Tsunami case which I purchased almost 3 years ago. Would like to hear you're advice.

I also purchased an additional 2 fans (a 8cm hiper fan and a 'Spot Cool' Antec fan, currently above my 2 gfx cards.

Thanks a lot,

Sonny

More about : system overheating

August 10, 2009 10:19:16 PM

That temp is ok. You shouldn't worry about it that much.
August 10, 2009 10:22:39 PM

Its still causing me FPS spikes in game and stuterring a lot!
Related resources
August 11, 2009 3:55:54 AM

You could also take the side panel off and place a house fan to blow directly into the case while you are playing. If you still have problems after that, then it is not caused by heat.
August 11, 2009 4:07:55 AM

Do you know for sure that its the mother board thats causing the problems? Try reinstalling video drivers, ect. Why not put a fan on the north bridge heatsink (i'm assuming thats the suspected over heating part?)
!