Sign in with
Your question

Which graphics card for blitzkrieg 2 ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 27, 2009 7:32:33 PM

hello @ all,

i currently have a radeon 4830 and its image quality doesnt match my needs anymore.

which geforce (model and quantity of vram) is necessary to play blitzkrieg 2 in a 1920 x 1200 resolution with absolute maximum settings (i think it is 16 x ogssaa and 16 x af) with a minimum framerate of 30 fps?

my hardware: e6600, 4gb ram, 500w power supply, 22" hp monitor

many thanks in advance
marco

a b U Graphics card
May 27, 2009 7:39:02 PM

Why not just by a second 4830 for crossfire and save some money?
May 27, 2009 7:48:24 PM

because first i dont have a second pcie-slot
and second i dont want radeons because they dont support high supersampling modes.
Related resources
May 27, 2009 8:07:26 PM

pacemakergt said:
and second i dont want radeons because they dont support high supersampling modes.

You must be confused....Your 4830 is a very budget card...ie i believe its close to a 9500gt something in that nature...your card is meant to run great at 1024x768 and ok on 1280x1024 monitors...obviously when you bought that card you didn't research it so don't run around saying ati cards do not support this or that when you can't research enough before you make the wrong purchase like every other idiotic consumer who runs there mouth...an nvidia card in the same price range as the ati one you bought wouldn't run at that resolution with those settings either....its not the card its you....

Considering the engine i would go with a 250GTS or ATI 4770....that would run your game at that resolution...other games wouldn't run well at that resolution though...so the next step would be a 4870 or GTX 260...giving you extra gpu grunt and a full 1GB of Vram...

On another note im sure there are other games you are interested in playing thus making my recommendations above useless...you should list those other titles unless you only plan on using your 100-200$ investment on a single rts game...
a b U Graphics card
May 27, 2009 8:18:38 PM

pacemakergt said:

Then state your motherboard in teh OP...

Additionally, there is nothing wrong with the radeons, I don't give a rats ass if you want to go nvidia.. but a budget card is a bidget card... Don't go lmbasting ATI because you thought your cheep ass card should be as good as a high end card. You get what you pay for.. high end ATI cards will support the higher supersampling modes just fine, that card wil choke on them just like a cheep Nvidia card will.

You expect 4870x2 or 4890 overclocked performance out of a card that costs 1/4 as much... Just pick a card over $200, they will all run your game, ati, nvidia or otherwise.

PS. you want super high end 1920*1200 performance you are gonna have to pay for it though... (600 dollars to max out crysis at that resolution for instance..)
May 27, 2009 8:33:57 PM

Nice Daedalus ;)  jackass's like him are no good for the market...i think we should do him a good recommendations for the GTX 295 ;)  ;)  or a 4870X2...

In all seriousness the game he is trying to run is petty crap....it will run on any card in the 4850/9800gtx+ range and above...with all of the eyecandy turned on as well...really he should set and take a screenshot of the difference between 4x and 8x aa and see if the performance hit is worth it vs the very slight notice in visual difference....

May 28, 2009 4:47:29 AM

quote rewindlabs: i believe its (hd 4830) close to a 9500gt

@rewindlabs: i dont think so.

i had a x1950 before and i dont say ati cards are bad.
have you read what i've written at all? i said I need a card with better quality.

i researched a lot more than you might think.

im only interested in the blitzkrieg game series.

are you sure your a 250GTS can run blitzkrieg with 16xSSAA (equals a resolution of 7680 x 4800) ? how much video-memory does it need?

@daedalus685: right, i should have posted my motherboard: gigabyte p35c-ds3r

where did i say that somethings wrong with radeons just because I! dont like them?

quote daedalus685: Don't go lmbasting ATI because you thought your cheep ass card should be as good as a high end card.

what makes you think so? youre wrong.

quote daedalus685: PS. you want super high end 1920*1200 performance you are gonna have to pay for it though... (600 dollars to max out crysis at that resolution for instance..)

ok, but blitzkrieg is not as demanding as crysis, so please recommend me a card.

quote daedalus685: high end ATI cards will support the higher supersampling modes just fine.

which card for example? (i never heard that the latest ati cards can run 16xssaa.)

@ rewindlabs: we are not talking about aa, but ssaa. there lies a slight difference between them.

@ all: if you think i dont know about hardware your wrong, too.
but i like how friendly you 2 guys treat new members here...
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2009 4:49:23 AM

4830s aren't exactly budget cards. They're more like the upper tired mid-level cards.

It performs at the same level or slightly better than the respectable 9800GT/8800GT 512mb.

May 28, 2009 6:46:17 AM

I would get a 1GB card to be on the safe side...you can probably hit up google and find videos on youtube showing cards playing the game and what the results where....

Im not finding anything on the game....so its just up to a guess as to which card would be best suited for it....
May 28, 2009 6:45:59 PM

I can't beleive rewind is going to be so rude without just correcting his statement. If he's no good for the market then you're no good for a forum acting like that. Same with the rest of you acting like complete asses.
Related resources
!