P6T Deluxe memory problems

annihilat0r

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
Hi guys, I got a P6T Deluxe v2 along with 3x2 OCZ 1600 DDR3

When all DIMMS were installed the system wouldn't boot, I was about to RMA the board when I was reminded to update the BIOS. Which I did, and now it boots but it sees only 2040MB.

Windows and BIOS sees 2GB, but CPUZ sees 6gb triple channel.

The memory timings etc. are all set to the "XDR" (or something like that) in the BIOS which is supposed to be very conservative.

Do you guys think there's something I can do to redeem this, or should I RMA the board?

Try this solution, even though your motherboard is LGA-1366:

Tight Cooling May Limit RAM!
Sounds kind of crazy. We had an ASUS P55 system that was "losing" half of its installed RAM. After about 7 hours of testing today, we finally have verified what the issue is. It seems that I was tightening the water block down too tight on the P55 chipset motherboard. Simply loosening the water block solved the issue and allowed all the RAM to be seen. I am also currently testing a P55 chipset board from DFI. I was able to replicate the issue on that motherboard as well.

---good advice---
If cpu-z can see 6gb it must be there, and I don't know how the mobo can't see it.
On My P6T deluxe, you have to put three sticks of ram in the Orange set of slots, which is counterintuitive. Check your manual on this.