Decent upgrade from ATI Radeon HD 2600 agp?

G

I bought an ATI Radeon HD 2600 from pc world its not a pro or a xt one, probably about a year ago for 60 pounds or so, i was wondering if there's a better card i could buy for gaming such as world of warcraft on max setting's, need an agp card, thanks in advance for any advice :). My price range is as low as possible but anything up to 100 pounds/150 us dollars is ok, preferably under 80 pounds/120 dollars though.

G

I just read the sticky but it doesn't tell me if its worth upgrade to a 3850 :s does anyone know?

G

my pc is good i put a 500w power supply in, its 3.4 ghz pentium 4, 2 gig of ram but only has a agp slot :( so need an agp card upgrade from hd 2600. thanks for replying btw :)

G

idd true but im just a student atm, i cant save enough for a pc so im trying to find a graphics card thatll run wow on max setting basically or at least really smoothly, with this one im struggly with low to medium :s, is there any card you can suggest?

edeawillrule

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I'm a student that makes minimum wage and I still got a new comp lol.
And not really anything much stronger will be hindered by your cpu.
$500 would buy you a Dell that can wipe the floor with your current pc.
Or you could build your own for even less.

G

hehe i don't make any wage though :p im lazier :(, really $500 :eek: i thought my pc was pretty good :(.

Oh so there's a good enough difference between a 2600 and a 3650 to buy one then?

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
No, don't bother buying a 3650, it wont give you much extra. Save what you can and put it towards a better computer. You wont be able to come close to maxing WOW with that computer, regardless of what graphics card. It is a very CPU bound game.

In the least use the money to buy more months of wow.. or food.

G

Ok thanks guys, but does anyone know if any of these are an upgrade to a hd 2600 agp and if its worth upgrading to them:

ATi RADEON X1650
NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS
ATI Radeon X850 XT
nVidia GeForce 7600GT
NVIDIA GeForce 6800GT
NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT

Would really appreciate any advice on this cause ive found a site were i can buy these agp cards.

im a student as well, and i just bought my computer
and a new 23" 1080P monitor got it just today

really, save your money and get a new computer, even 600 can go a long way, ask some of the people here