Radeon x1650 pro

vince_74

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
I just installed a new X1650 pro to try to improve game play on my computer until I can afford a newer system (money is a little tight right now so it may be a while before I can buy a new system).

It works great on everything .. except the game I want to play.

As soon as I launch world of warcraft the sign in screen appears breifly .. then the system reboots.

do I just have a setting wrong?

will I need to reinstall world of warcraft to get it to work right?

am I just screwed?

grimreality

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2008
First, uninstall the drivers for your current card and make sure you've also uninstalled the drivers for whatever card you had before that. You may want to use a driver cleaner program to make sure... but I don't know any free ones for you. I use the software from www.drivercleaner.net

Second, make sure you install the latest drivers from ATI's website.

Third, make sure you install the latest version of DirectX 9 from Microsoft's website.

Now try to see if WoW will play. If it doesn't work then now you should try to reinstall the game. If that doesn't work...well it may be a problem with something else. Please list your full system specs.

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
Driver Sweaper is a pretty decent free driver cleaner here: http://www.phyxion.net/

make sure you use the driver's uninstall method, or control panel's "uninstall a program" method, then run Driver Sweaper in safe mode to make sure you get all of the leftovers

vince_74

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
well it took a little digging through ATI's website, but I managed to find an updated driver in the"legacy" section that fixed the problem.

thanks for all your help :)

TRENDING THREADS