erol

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
why anyone does not respond my question. again asking my qustion more clearly may be work
a week ago ı bought acer e machines d730g 433g32mnk model and it has ıntel core i52.27ghz processer ı wnder if it has torbo boost technology or not
thanks

wickedsnow

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2007
+1 to not buying Acer. Long story short, They = bottom of the barrel hardware. Not to mention zero support.

Their monitors are not too bad, if you insist on saving every penny.

abswindows7

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
both desktops and laptops are crap.
THe processor is the only decent thing inside, because it's from AMD or Intel, otherwise, the motherboard is cheap/bricked, the memory is slow/cheap, the power supply if we can call this a power supply is barely enough to handle a simple charge.
The case has no airflow, the hard drive will be the cheapest and the one will most chance to fail within few months (good are the chance that you see a seagate in there) and lastly, there is no graphic card.

In my young age I bought an acer, 8 gigs of ram, a quad core, A BEST FOR GAMING the seller told me.
There was a 2400pro HD in there.
No way I played a game.
I had to buy a 100$ card (looool a 8600 gts) to finaly be able to run games.
I sold that crap 2 weeks later.

erol

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
ok what do you think about acer e machines d730g 433g32mnk version? is it bad, too?
could you advise me about the screen size ı am planning to buy a 14'' screen. what are the 14''s advantages and disadvantages?
and if buy a 14'' machine can i have difficulty with drawing programs(autocad, solidworks...)

Try an Asus maybe? My gf just bought a great little Asus laptop. 4gb RAM, i3 core, Intel HD for normal stuff and a 310M for gaming. It's only a 13.3". Great image quality tho, and it runs really well although she hasn't put any games on it. A 310 is a basic mobile card but it can run games since 13" laptops are low resolution.