Dbear77

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
My confuser crashed on the POST screen, so I did a hard reboot. Everything appeared to be booting up but I had no display. I removed all the peripherals, tried removing ram and I got a beep, hooked it up to a different monitor, cleared the bios and cmos but still no display. I figured it was time for an upgrade anyway, so I bought a new power supply, new mobo, new processor, new ram and new graphics card. Hooked it all up and guess what... At first it didn't turn on but after disconnecting the peripherals and checking all the wiring I tried again and Surprise! no display but it looks like it is booting with power in all fans, mobo led lights all lit up which I believe means the processor is working just like with the previous components. I have no hdds or optical drives hooked up. This seems like lightning striking twice in the same place. Any ideas besides start over, and send it all back. Is it possible to be the case or power button?

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Did you check if both of your monitors are actually working? Also, were you using different cables or the same to hook up to the second monitor. Power button has nothing to do with this, nor does the case.
"My confuser", did you meant computer ;)?

Dbear77

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
The second monitor is to my wife's work pc and she has no problems with it, the cable was also from her monitor. And yes, confuser = computer. :pt1cable:

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Do you have an integrated graphics card? I would check with that one. If you don't have an Integrated, I guess you would need to hook up yours and then if it's not working maybe checking with another video card; there's no use to send everything back if it's only your card. It's possible that your card is DOA (dead on arrival) if you've ordered it from somewhere. But you should really just go to Best Buy (or a similar store if you don't live in Canada/US and buy a cheap video card and then return it after realizing what's actually wrong. They have a 14-days no questions asked policy.

Dbear77

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Ok! I think I may have the solution.... The problem was my PSU. I was able to put the video card in my wifes computer and it worked so it isn't the video card. The next easiest thing to try was the PSU. The computer seemed to start immediately when plugged in even though I didn't hit the power button. More importantly, No Display!! So I rebooted and again everything looked like it was booting but no display again. So I am shipping this PSU back to New Egg. I can't say for sure yet that this is the only problem but I hope it is one demon I have exorcised from my computer. Thanks for all the replies, and yes I did read the stickies... they are very useful and I recommend them. :bounce: