Sims family trees

Last response: in Video Games
April 19, 2005 9:45:33 AM

I've been playing Pleasantville for a while now. At least a couple of
generations. Brandi Broke had 8 kids by four different men, but they all
have Broke for a last name except the last one. I had created an elder
named Quill Murphy, just so he'd marry Brandi and change at least her name
and the last kid. Two of her kids were girls but the rest were boys. Now
I've got 6 households of Brokes in my game! They all breed like rabbits and
because they have different fathers (who also fathered children with other
women), I'm afraid I'm in danger of reaching the time when none of the
family trees will fork anymore. :-(

I managed to move Benjamin Long (a getaway driver townie) into one house,
then had him find his own place so I could introduce a new name and some new
DNA to the game. He ended up marrying Dina Goth and they have one child
together, along with the two she had with Mortimer before he croaked out.
I've also created five new families to introduce some new blood. But those
family trees (and the memories!) are getting ridiculous.

Question: How do the rest of you cope with this problem? And is there a
way to edit those memories and pare them down a little with SimPE? If so,
could someone point me to a tutorial on how to do it? That program scares
the bejeezus out of me. LOL

Jeanie

More about : sims family trees

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 9:45:34 AM

One of the memories which gives me the irrits is the Had a Family
Revnion one. I wovldn't mind it so mvch if it appeared once when say,
the kids converge on mvm and dad's place for a birthday party, bvt it
comes vp as once for each family member they rvn into! So if yov have
a family of 8 - that's 7 revnion memories in a row!

I'm also likely to get qvite a large nvmber of Goth and Pips hovseholds
ovt there once all the kids grow vp. I'm actvally plotting who's going
to marry who in which hovse so they get which name and prevent an
all-Pips/Goth affair.

One thing I'd also like to see is some inter-neighbovrhood breeding.
Say, introdvcing the Strangetown Grvnts to one of Cassandra Goth's many
children in Pleasantview. I'm already worried abovt getting my Sims to
the point where everyone's related! Bvt I gvess I may as well wish for
a new Vacation Island while I'm at it... :/

~*~
vecki
April 19, 2005 1:28:05 PM

Jeanie wrote:
> I've been playing Pleasantville for a while now. At least a couple of
> generations. Brandi Broke had 8 kids by four different men, but they all
> have Broke for a last name except the last one. I had created an elder
> named Quill Murphy, just so he'd marry Brandi and change at least her name
> and the last kid. Two of her kids were girls but the rest were boys. Now
> I've got 6 households of Brokes in my game! They all breed like rabbits and
> because they have different fathers (who also fathered children with other
> women), I'm afraid I'm in danger of reaching the time when none of the
> family trees will fork anymore. :-(
>
> I managed to move Benjamin Long (a getaway driver townie) into one house,
> then had him find his own place so I could introduce a new name and some new
> DNA to the game. He ended up marrying Dina Goth and they have one child
> together, along with the two she had with Mortimer before he croaked out.
> I've also created five new families to introduce some new blood. But those
> family trees (and the memories!) are getting ridiculous.
>
> Question: How do the rest of you cope with this problem? And is there a
> way to edit those memories and pare them down a little with SimPE? If so,
> could someone point me to a tutorial on how to do it? That program scares
> the bejeezus out of me. LOL
>
> Jeanie

I was able to change Brandi Broke's last name simply by having her marry
a sim I created. He initiated the proposal and the marriage and her
name changed to his(McGinley). They then had a son and he has that name
also. Of course when you click on the home in the neighborhood view it
still says Broke family but I guess there's nothing to be done other
than hack it.

Ali
April 20, 2005 11:32:54 AM

> also. Of course when you click on the home in the neighborhood view it
> still says Broke family but I guess there's nothing to be done other than
> hack it.

Have him move out into his own home. Then send her to live with him. That
should work. If not, create a disposable character named McGinley and set
them up on their own lot. Send the Broke-McGinleys to live with the
disposable Sim. Dispose of the disposable Sim and move your McGinleys back
into their own house. This may result in them losing their
furniture/possessions so it's a PITA
May 2, 2005 4:16:00 PM

Whogus the Whatsler wrote:
>>also. Of course when you click on the home in the neighborhood view it
>>still says Broke family but I guess there's nothing to be done other than
>>hack it.
>>

> Have him move out into his own home. Then send her to live with him. That
> should work. If not, create a disposable character named McGinley and set
> them up on their own lot. Send the Broke-McGinleys to live with the
> disposable Sim. Dispose of the disposable Sim and move your McGinleys back
> into their own house. This may result in them losing their
> furniture/possessions so it's a PITA

Moving them out is actually not a bad idea as I was wanting to remodel
that house anyway. I think I will try that, thanks!

Ali
!