Sims family trees

I've been playing Pleasantville for a while now. At least a couple of
generations. Brandi Broke had 8 kids by four different men, but they all
have Broke for a last name except the last one. I had created an elder
named Quill Murphy, just so he'd marry Brandi and change at least her name
and the last kid. Two of her kids were girls but the rest were boys. Now
I've got 6 households of Brokes in my game! They all breed like rabbits and
because they have different fathers (who also fathered children with other
women), I'm afraid I'm in danger of reaching the time when none of the
family trees will fork anymore. :-(

I managed to move Benjamin Long (a getaway driver townie) into one house,
then had him find his own place so I could introduce a new name and some new
DNA to the game. He ended up marrying Dina Goth and they have one child
together, along with the two she had with Mortimer before he croaked out.
I've also created five new families to introduce some new blood. But those
family trees (and the memories!) are getting ridiculous.

Question: How do the rest of you cope with this problem? And is there a
way to edit those memories and pare them down a little with SimPE? If so,
could someone point me to a tutorial on how to do it? That program scares
the bejeezus out of me. LOL

Jeanie
4 answers Last reply
More about sims family trees

    One of the memories which gives me the irrits is the Had a Family
    Revnion one. I wovldn't mind it so mvch if it appeared once when say,
    the kids converge on mvm and dad's place for a birthday party, bvt it
    comes vp as once for each family member they rvn into! So if yov have
    a family of 8 - that's 7 revnion memories in a row!

    I'm also likely to get qvite a large nvmber of Goth and Pips hovseholds
    ovt there once all the kids grow vp. I'm actvally plotting who's going
    to marry who in which hovse so they get which name and prevent an
    all-Pips/Goth affair.

    One thing I'd also like to see is some inter-neighbovrhood breeding.
    Say, introdvcing the Strangetown Grvnts to one of Cassandra Goth's many
    children in Pleasantview. I'm already worried abovt getting my Sims to
    the point where everyone's related! Bvt I gvess I may as well wish for
    a new Vacation Island while I'm at it... :/

    ~*~
    vecki

    Jeanie wrote:
    > I've been playing Pleasantville for a while now. At least a couple of
    > generations. Brandi Broke had 8 kids by four different men, but they all
    > have Broke for a last name except the last one. I had created an elder
    > named Quill Murphy, just so he'd marry Brandi and change at least her name
    > and the last kid. Two of her kids were girls but the rest were boys. Now
    > I've got 6 households of Brokes in my game! They all breed like rabbits and
    > because they have different fathers (who also fathered children with other
    > women), I'm afraid I'm in danger of reaching the time when none of the
    > family trees will fork anymore. :-(
    >
    > I managed to move Benjamin Long (a getaway driver townie) into one house,
    > then had him find his own place so I could introduce a new name and some new
    > DNA to the game. He ended up marrying Dina Goth and they have one child
    > together, along with the two she had with Mortimer before he croaked out.
    > I've also created five new families to introduce some new blood. But those
    > family trees (and the memories!) are getting ridiculous.
    >
    > Question: How do the rest of you cope with this problem? And is there a
    > way to edit those memories and pare them down a little with SimPE? If so,
    > could someone point me to a tutorial on how to do it? That program scares
    > the bejeezus out of me. LOL
    >
    > Jeanie

    I was able to change Brandi Broke's last name simply by having her marry
    a sim I created. He initiated the proposal and the marriage and her
    name changed to his(McGinley). They then had a son and he has that name
    also. Of course when you click on the home in the neighborhood view it
    still says Broke family but I guess there's nothing to be done other
    than hack it.

    Ali

    > also. Of course when you click on the home in the neighborhood view it
    > still says Broke family but I guess there's nothing to be done other than
    > hack it.

    Have him move out into his own home. Then send her to live with him. That
    should work. If not, create a disposable character named McGinley and set
    them up on their own lot. Send the Broke-McGinleys to live with the
    disposable Sim. Dispose of the disposable Sim and move your McGinleys back
    into their own house. This may result in them losing their
    furniture/possessions so it's a PITA

    Whogus the Whatsler wrote:
    >>also. Of course when you click on the home in the neighborhood view it
    >>still says Broke family but I guess there's nothing to be done other than
    >>hack it.
    >>

    > Have him move out into his own home. Then send her to live with him. That
    > should work. If not, create a disposable character named McGinley and set
    > them up on their own lot. Send the Broke-McGinleys to live with the
    > disposable Sim. Dispose of the disposable Sim and move your McGinleys back
    > into their own house. This may result in them losing their
    > furniture/possessions so it's a PITA

    Moving them out is actually not a bad idea as I was wanting to remodel
    that house anyway. I think I will try that, thanks!

    Ali

Sims Video Games