Sign in with
Your question

Best 22" Gaming and General Use LCD for Under $200

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 28, 2009 12:58:29 PM

I may soon be in the market for a 22" LCD for my main system. I currently have a Samsung 19" 906CW (same as 906BW) which I received in Dec 2007, which is connected using a DVI Cable. I've been researching 22" models, as that seems to be the sweet spot these days. As far as brand, I've been looking at Samsung and Viewsonic, though Asus seems to be an interesting player as well. The primary things I've put into consideration are:

Resolution (1680x1050 or 1920x1200; associated with an AR of 16:10)
Aspect Ratio (16:10 seems to be the de-fact-o standard for gaming)
Contrast Ratio (1,000:1 Typ and 5,000 to 20,000:1 seems common)
Response Time (2ms to 5ms seems to be the norm)

I've got a budget of a maximum of $200 to use to replace my current 19" lcd. Seeing that I am pretty much set on 22" for the size, I just need to figure out a specific model that has the best overall bang for the buck. Again, this would be used for general use most of the time but also for playing mid-high end Games as well as watching BluRay Movies from time to time. Any suggestions?

-- MaSoP

More about : gaming general lcd 200

May 29, 2009 11:24:19 AM

The Lady Slayer said:
See what you think of this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

After doing a bit of research I actually bought one last week (AU$259) and I couldn't be happier with the picture quality. Response time is 2ms, making it perfect for gaming/videos.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check that one out. We've got LG 19" models at my work and they are nice panels, at least from what I've seen. I'm surprised the price is so low, as LG usually is higher priced. Obviously things have changed since my last price check on LG's. :-)

-- MaSoP
May 29, 2009 11:48:35 AM

NEC!!!

I know a guy who spent a month in research of the best monitor possible and finally he choose NEC. Well NEC are more expensive than usual but you sould check them out anyway.

Currently I am with NEC 22WMGX
res: 1680x1050
contrast: 2000:1
view angle: 170/170
respond: 5 ms

And I'm happy with it, although it's not their highest end (and it's cheaper of course).
It has a glossy display like laptops... There are on lighter and darker regions, Will maybe a little bit (As I sayed it's NEC's middle range) I wanted 24 NEC but it was too expensive for me.
!