window vista doesnt recognize dvd/cd

It is in my bios and the device manager, while tryin to up-date the driver it says it has the best drivers already installed,but if I uninstall it and then reinstall it, was not successfully installed. and it does not show the dvd/cd rom in my disk drives.
Please help!
Thanks,
Norma
5 answers Last reply
More about window vista doesnt recognize
  1. 1. Click on START button, the click on RUN.

2. Enter REGEDIT and press Enter.

3. When REGEDIT starts, open up the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/
    {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

4. After clicking on {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} you should see two settings on the right-hand side:
    "Upperfilters"
    "Lowerfilters"
    Click on each of them, press DELETE and click YES.
  2. summerntn said:
    It is in my bios and the device manager, while tryin to up-date the driver it says it has the best drivers already installed,but if I uninstall it and then reinstall it, was not successfully installed. and it does not show the dvd/cd rom in my disk drives.
    Please help!
    Thanks,
    Norma

Jonmor68,Thanks
    I am very thankfull for your help, but what you forgot to tell me was to also delete all the IDE ATA/ATAPI controlls , but you got me on the right track to fixing my rom drive.
    Again, Thank you so much
    Norma
  3. summerntn said:
    Please help!
    Thanks,
    Norma
  4. I have the same problem with Vista. It was alright when I first reformat and load Vista. But when it update, I lost connection with my dvd/cd hardware. Ihad enough with Vista. I reformat it again and use Windows XP much more reliable than any other Windows. Tried and true XP/
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Drives DVD Windows Vista CD-Rom Storage