Tags:
  • DVD Drives
  • DVD
  • Windows Vista
  • CD-Rom
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
December 28, 2010 8:36:59 PM

It is in my bios and the device manager, while tryin to up-date the driver it says it has the best drivers already installed,but if I uninstall it and then reinstall it, was not successfully installed. and it does not show the dvd/cd rom in my disk drives.
Please help!
Thanks,
Norma

More about : window vista doesnt recognize dvd

a b G Storage
December 28, 2010 10:27:09 PM

1. Click on START button, the click on RUN.

2. Enter REGEDIT and press Enter.

3. When REGEDIT starts, open up the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/
{4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

4. After clicking on {4D36E965-E325 -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} you should see two settings on the right-hand side:
"Upperfilters"
"Lowerfilters"
Click on each of them, press DELETE and click YES.

m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2010 9:03:43 PM

summerntn said:
It is in my bios and the device manager, while tryin to up-date the driver it says it has the best drivers already installed,but if I uninstall it and then reinstall it, was not successfully installed. and it does not show the dvd/cd rom in my disk drives.
Please help!
Thanks,
Norma

Jonmor68,Thanks
I am very thankfull for your help, but what you forgot to tell me was to also delete all the IDE ATA/ATAPI controlls , but you got me on the right track to fixing my rom drive.
Again, Thank you so much
Norma
m
l
March 20, 2013 6:19:16 AM

summerntn said:
Please help!
Thanks,
Norma

m
l
March 20, 2013 6:22:17 AM

I have the same problem with Vista. It was alright when I first reformat and load Vista. But when it update, I lost connection with my dvd/cd hardware. Ihad enough with Vista. I reformat it again and use Windows XP much more reliable than any other Windows. Tried and true XP/
m
l
!