Onboard Audio causing game problems???

cF00

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I am trying to play PES 2009 which is a game that my PC is more than enough to handle. PROBLEM: The game starts fine but after a few minutes, all of the sudden, it slows down to snail speed. I know its audio related because after uninstalling the UAA driver and onboard audio drivers it ran fine again. I have tried everything... Any help would be appreciated System: Asus P5VD2-VM SE P4 3.0Ghz 2Gigs Kingston DDR2 GeForce 9600GT 512 DDR3 1 Terabyte SATA Drive

cF00

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Any help would be appreciated please. I am outta things to try. Its not just gaming affected but also things like Internet Explorer. The screen is jumpy and not fluid moving.

I know that its related to my onboard audio and i cant seem to solve the problem

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Onboard audio can't do anything to slow down the PC. If it is busted or not working properly then you just don't hear it working. It isn't the problem there dude.

Have you tried checking your video card for irregularities? CPU and GPU temps?

Are you running virus scans or any other background apps while gaming?

cF00

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
no other programs in the background

i am in the process of trying older video drivers and it hasnt helped so far

What I dont understand is why the game runs great for a few minutes then just goes to hell all of the sudden.

Only info I can add at this time is that when the game is running well the CPU is around 30-45% usage and when the game becomes choppy the CPU usage jumps to 60+%.

cF00

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
By the way its not just the game suffering. The entire PC is laggy, Dragging windows around causes tracers and scrolling in windows IE is not fluid either, its all choppy.

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

There might be something running on background. Check the task manager again and sort it by cpu usage. Single core chips like yours take huge toll when gaming while running background apps.

Quite hot there. Try to reinstall the hsf.