Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need to replace my laptop harddrive. Will this work?

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Laptops
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
December 28, 2010 10:39:41 PM

Hello I have a Compaq Presario v2000 with a IC25N060ATMR04-0 - IBM Hitachi 60GB 4200RPM 8MB Buffer IDE Laptop Hard Drive. The hard drive recently crapped out on me after i punched it. Need to replace it. LOL

I was trying to do some research and making sure i find a compatible one and i think this hard drive i got picked out should work with my laptop. I made sure it was an IDE. IDE is the type of cable connection right? that is the only thing that matters when it comes with compatibility right?

well anyway i picked this hard drive out on newegg and it is also IDE. i thought i would come here to make sure that i am not missing something here before i spend money on a incompatible hard drive.

Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD1200BEVE 120GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" PATA Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive
link:

this should work with what i got right?

thanks an advance.

edit:not sure why link won't work. hope you don't mind copy and pasting it.

More about : replace laptop harddrive work

December 29, 2010 2:42:29 AM

help a brah out?
m
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a c 163 G Storage
December 29, 2010 6:04:33 PM

Link to manual with installation instructions: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00674662.pdf

Not sure if the above is the manual for your laptop but, if it is, it confirms it is and IDE drive and the one you have selected should work.
Related resources
December 29, 2010 7:00:06 PM

Best answer selected by spacemaynee.
m
l
December 29, 2010 7:01:27 PM

yea i found some reviews on newegg that stated they used the drive selected for the laptop i got.

thanks for the reply. harddrive is pretty easy to install. no brackets or anything.
m
l
!