Sign in with
Your question

Can't run hardware acceleration

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 28, 2009 4:29:48 PM

Hello all, I have a problem I can't figure out. Am running an Intel DG965RY MotherBoard with an EVGA GeForce 7300 LE video card 2 GB ram WinXP Pro SP3. Whenever I try to engage the hardware acceleration on the Video card, and then run an app or do anyhting, Windows comes back with an error stating the a thread has become hung in the video accelerator. Then I get the "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH". as soon as I restart the computer I first thing have to turn off hardware acceleration. All drivers are newest drivers and widows has all updates. Also the fan on the card doesn't seem to be running or is only supposed to run when it gets over heated? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
May 29, 2009 2:11:36 AM

your video card is broken. I got a geforce 6600 and the fan suppose to always run, the same thing happened to me and it was within warrany and replaced by manufacturer. However ensure that your card model supports hardware acceleration, not all cards do and update the latest directx runtime files if you have not already.
May 29, 2009 9:10:41 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yes the card does support hardware acceleration. I will check to see if card is still under warranty but my guess is no. Again thanks for the reply. Have a wondereful day.
!