Viewer executable in temp folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamela_36

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hello,
I am trying to view a cd with xray pictures from our local hospital. I get the message "failed to find viewer executable in temp folder" cd wont load.

Not very much to go on. Probably have to talk to whoever created that CD and how it was created, file formats etc.

Turnip_01

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

Just had the same problem with probably exactly the same xray viewer CD program at my local hospital (Sectra??!) if its not the same program then the below might not work for you, but regardless I fixed it by copying the files from a working account into the same folder in the non working account:

1) Find an account that it works on (in my case it was the local admin account that worked - if you dont know the passwords to log onto the PC as a local admin you will need to get your IT dept to check this for you)
2) Go to C:\Documents and Settings\accountname\Local Settings\Temp where 'accountname' is the name of the working account. (if you cant see the folder 'local settings' you need to make sure 'show hidden files and folders' is selected in 'tools' 'folder options' 'view')
3) Copy and replace 2 folders; 'CDViewer_11.04.0001' and 'sectra' in the corresponding non working account folder path ( again C:\Documents and Settings\accountname\Local Settings\Temp - but this time where 'accountname is the name of the non working log in!)
4) Restart and test!?

Hope that helps :D

Hencey

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

This will work for you. On the cd there is a zip folder CDViewer.zip. In it are the files to make it run. Unzip it to a folder. then go to the TEMP folder and replace the two files that were in the zip folder with the two that are in the temp folder. Leaving anything else alone. Remember not to replace the entire CDViewer folder into the TEMP\CDViewer, just the files that were in it. then go back and start the app from the CD that was supplied to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.