"Find own place" not working

Ok, after the triplets of the previous post (by the way, I didn't save
the game and when Kathy gave birth again, she had just one baby...) I
had another problem. Good ol' granpa died, throwing the whole family
into dispair. No tombstone, but I know this is an old bug. Then I
decided to give grandma another chance. I sent her to the computer to
"find own place". But nothing happened. I tried with the newspaper, but
it was useless. I tried with a younger member... nothing at all. They
browse the newspaper or keep fidgeting with the keyboard, but nothing
else. But before old granpa died, everybody was able to "find own
place"!
Is this another bug related to the no-tombstone one? Should I erase the
family and forget about it?
TIA
SusanVance

Oh, yeah. That was the first thing I checked. Oh, and I have
University, too.
TIA
SusanVance

Do you have a vacant house or lot in the neighborhood?