AMD 1100T Overclocking help!?

madmax555

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
My setup as follows:

AMD Phenom II 1100T
MSI 890FXA-GD70
Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Antec KÜHLER H2O 620 (w/ 3000 rpm fan- 133.60 CFM)
Corsair Graphite Series 600T
SPARKLE COMPUTER CORP Gold Class 1000W
2x PowerColor AX6870 1GB Radeon HD 6870 (Crossfire)
2 x Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe (Raid 0)

My settings for over clocking

300 Mhz FSB
14x CPU Multi w/ 1.488 v @ 4.2 GHZ
2100 MHz - HT
2400MHz - NB

Memory is at stock timing - 1600 mhz with 8-9-8-24 1T

I haven't touched any other voltages other then CPU. I want to push it farther if you think its possible. Not really sure what I can do for the memory and the NB.

Temps on 100% load:
CPU- 45 C
Main board( which i haven't been able found a program to separate the NB and SB temps, I think its b/c of the motherboard having a lack of support) - 52C

I'll take any advice on what I can do next to push my system.

I think I'm going to buy a better 200m fan for my case. It seems like the chip set is getting a lack of airflow b/c a combination of graphics card and the fans which are unimpressive.

extremebadass

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
PRIME 95 IT AND SEE WHAT YOUR TEMPS MAX OUT TO.Thats not hot at all 45C. Download cpuid and follow cpu speed and voltage.And Hardware Monitor to monitor temps as this program gives accurate temps..Use your Amd Overdrive to max out your cpu with an unlocked multiplier and liquid or a good cpu cooler.You should be able to get a bit more out of it.Then when you crash just go into bios and load it with stable settings get my drift.Back the oc off a bit prime it for stability and work from there if required There is no major gain going any higher. 4.2Ghz is a real good oc for your cpu unless you want to gas it and that is a different ball game altogether

I wrote some things in your rig.

madmax555

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Antec KÜHLER H2O 620
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=Mjc2OA==&lan=us

I change the stock fan on the water cooler and find that it works pretty well!

Those are my temps on Prime95

For memory its Stock 8-9-8-24 1.65V 1T

I have tried HWMonitor, Speed fan and Speecy and they all don't give me a temp for the north bridge or south bridge. just one temp for all the motherboard. I guess MSI doesn't have temp probes for both.

Yeah I releaze that I made the wrong decision on AMD 1100T.. I only paided twenty difference with a free game so I don't feel that ripped off. But I won't make teh same mistake next time. I think probably Hexacores are probaly a waste of time for gaming anyways at less with current games.

Why is 1000W a waste?

Why is Raid 0 going decrease in performance? Does Trim support for SSD's not work in RAID 0?

The biggest question I have is why is it not as important to over clock your FSB because its a black edition. I"m not following? So its better to have a really high CPU speed versus a combination of higher FSB with decent high CPU???

My goal in overclocking is get the more FPS for gaming!!!!

1- 1000W are a waste in your rig because with 850W you can run that without problems, even a 750W can handle the rig. 1000W are a possibility if you had planed 3-way Crossfire or something like that.

2- Correct, TRIM doesn't work in RAID 0 unless that you have the Vertex series that comes with garbage collector that is something similar to TRIM.

3- When you have a BE CPU, you can overclock it using the FSB or CPU multiplier. When you use the FSB this not only change the CPU frequency, also change the NB frequency, HT frequency and DRAM frequency. If you use the CPU multiplier, you only change the CPU frequency and nothing more.

In that way, with a BE CPU is more "easy" overclock using the CPU multiplier since you only change one value and not three other components values.

The best combination is high CPU frequency plus high NB frequency.

adjboats

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012

hi im new to overclocking and i have the same motherboard and cpu as u do. im try to overclcok my cpu but it fail anytime i try. i have been to soo many overclock blogs but im not succeeding to overclock it. watch this video and if find anything wrong u let me know or plz u show me how did urs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjinvxhN0pE&feature=plcp

madmax555

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

I wouldn't recommend overclocking the x6 with motherboard. I had to RMA twice and then I sold it b/c MSI wouldn't give me a different board that was better. If you look at there website under this mobo, they mention not to use burn tools which was add later on after the introduction of board. The problem is that 1100t produces a lot heat with increase of voltage that the voltage regulator can't handle it. I promise you that you will burn it out and it will smell and it won't turn on. I did it twice. In matter of couple of months. It can't handle long periods of voltage but also the 1100T produces a lot of heat. Google this board and you find sites dedicated to this problem for overclocking and the board is made supposedly for overclocking. Also my particular setup had a water cooler which is possible that the voltage regulator was not getting enough air but my recommendation not to run high voltage and stress test for long periods.

I haven't used MSI mobo ever since. ASUS and Gigabyte, knock on wood, no bad boards since for overclocking.

To answer your question voltage and multiplier will get you over 4 GHZ or at least to it.

Rob Cound

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

i had same problem with my previous board which caused the vrms to spike so changed board to current spec

Case : Cooler master 430 elite
Motherboard : Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0
Psu: corsair ax760i
Processor : amd phenom II x6 1100T@ 3.80ghz
Memory : Team Group Vulcan 2 x ddr3-2400 total 8GB
Cooler : Noctua NH-D14

i managed to get spec using the evo previous could only get to 3.60ghz was hoping to get to 4 or above but my socket temp is holding at 62c which i know is hot and thas with only the noctua and a fan blowing into case which came with it and one blowing in the side need to get 2 for the top and one for exhaust hopefully will drop the socket temp if lucky lol