Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to overclock??

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
March 1, 2011 4:50:47 PM

Hi all i am once again seeking help from all of you :bounce: 

First my specs:-

AMDAthlon-ii x4 635 2.9ghz
2gb kingston 800mhz ddr2 ram
mobo:-GIGABYTE m68m-s2p
gpu:-sapphire ati radeon hd 5770 1gb

now my question is how to overclock my cpu to 3ghz (stable)

please help me step by step.

Instructions required....have never done overclocking :heink: 

More about : overclock

a b K Overclocking
March 3, 2011 11:42:09 PM

Really you want to go from 2.9 to 3 why bother ?
However when i want to OC I just raise the BLCK in the bios and leave everything on auto. works very well for past year. Google search people with you same stuff see what they did. Also if your going to do it got to at least 3.5
m
0
l
March 4, 2011 12:02:42 AM

natefostersr said:
Really you want to go from 2.9 to 3 why bother ?
However when i want to OC I just raise the BLCK in the bios and leave everything on auto. works very well for past year. Google search people with you same stuff see what they did. Also if your going to do it got to at least 3.5

i've never done overclocking before, just want to try it, so once i'll be through with this, i might do it with my new cpu. :sarcastic: 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2011 12:09:30 AM

well do it bro, wish i had more for you you should look for some forums on your hardware or u can just wait for someone to give u a step by step.

Go ito you bios and raise the blck thats a start
i leave everything on auto is easier. done and done.

Download a benchmark program test it.
m
0
l
March 4, 2011 12:11:27 AM

natefostersr said:
well do it bro, wish i had more for you you should look for some forums on your hardware or u can just wait for someone to give u a step by step.

Go ito you bios and raise the blck thats a start
i leave everything on auto is easier. done and done.

Download a benchmark program test it.

that i can try but i've heard other than that there is something to do with voltage also...what's that?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2011 12:14:15 AM

i leave all my voltages on auto so they will auto adjust works quite well for me.
m
0
l
March 4, 2011 12:24:53 AM

natefostersr said:
i leave all my voltages on auto so they will auto adjust works quite well for me.

do you think, athlon ii x4 635 can handle 3ghz overclocking easily?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2011 12:26:52 AM

brochacho, that only .1 over where you are stock ! of course did u look up anyone elses results yet ? you gotta do a little homework
m
0
l
March 4, 2011 12:33:30 AM

natefostersr said:
brochacho, that only .1 over where you are stock ! of course did u look up anyone elses results yet ? you gotta do a little homework

i am just curious, because i have never done it and i dont wanna end up screwed, even right now its good enough never let me down in any game(native resolution of 1280x1024)

but just for trial before i buy my new cpu, i thought of overclocking without any watercooler or etc. :sol: 
m
0
l
!