TV Guide magazines for DirecTv

Last response: in Home Theatre
April 22, 2005 4:34:18 AM

I just received DirecTv's renamed guide magazine "OnDirectv" (renamed
from "Directv the Guide"). In an email I got from Directtv about the new
guide, they mentioned it was thinner. And it is, but I noticed they removed
the time period of 1 AM thru 8:30 AM in all the grids which makes it
smaller. So, I prefer their old guide with a full 24 hours worth of
schedule.

Looking for recommendations of other guides, as to completeness of
schedule coverage and price.

Art
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 10:26:47 PM

I have the same complaints about Direct TV's new guide as the others.
Especially the part about breaking the channels into their idea of who
provides movies and who provides other stuff. When I first got my set,
nearly eleven years ago, I got Satellite Direct because the set seller sold
it. A couple of years later I switched to Direct TV's guide because
Satellite Direct was deceptive in their pricing. After spending a
frustrating day yesterday reading the new Direct TV guide I e-mailed
Satellite Direct, repeated the comment about their pricing and asked what
they could offer now. 24 hours and no reply. If I get one, I'll report it
to this newsgroup. ABsent a reply from them, I also need advice.

Bob Moody
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 2:57:34 PM

Please email DirecTV and the guide publisher(you can find their email
address in the letter to the editor) telling them you hate the new format.
We may be able to get it revised properly.

!