jyshin

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Hi,

I just need some overall advice on the computer I'm planning to build. Mainly the motherboard.
Here are the other parts I'm planning to use, let me know if it will all work together with the motherboard you suggest. =)

AMD Phenom II 955
XFX Radeon 4870HD 1GB 750MHZ
Coolermaster Extreme Power Plus 600W Silent PSU
4GB RAM DDR3 (Please recommend a brand and what latency would be sufficient!)
Seagate 500GB 16MB Cache
LG 22x DVD Drive

So that's pretty much the pieces I have in mind, that all adds up to around $600 CAD
I still need to determine what case and motherboard to use, so any advice would help a lot! I'm hoping for a mid-sized case, and a mobo that supports built in wifi. SLI/Crossfire is not necessary if it saves a significant cost. Hoping for around $150 for mobo, and $50 for case, but that can be flexible.

Also if you know what RAM to go with, that would help too!

Thanks in advance!

jyshin

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks a lot, this is really helpful!
I like the looks of that first mobo you recommended, but since I'm purchasing from Canada at Directcanada.com (cheaper and free shipping than newegg.ca), i'm not sure if I found the same one.

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10530BD1636&vpn=M4A79T%20DELUXE&manufacture=ASUS
= Is that the same as the first motherboard you linked form newegg.com? If not... would it work just as well?

Also, I still need a case that will accommodate all of this nicely. Since the motherboard is more expensive than I expected, I'm hoping for a pretty cheap case! Any suggestion for that?

Thanks again!