UBCD doesn't see the hard drive

I have accidently locked myself out of a Dell desktop running Windows XP. All administrator accounts are locked out but only 1 user account will work. The user account cannot unlock the other accounts nor change the passwords.

I have tried using Ultimate Boot CD to unlock and reset the account passwords. After booting the CD, I cannot see the hard drive with the password reset tool. It only sees the CD/DVD drive. Any clues to fix this and any other thoughts besides writing the passwords down or rebuilding the drive?

I may be getting an older version of ERD Commander to reset everything but still trying to fix it today.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about ubcd doesn hard drive
  1. You could ask an owner of the administrative account(s) to help you out.
  2. Ubuntu linux livecd may be helpful to you. It should also able to read AHCI disks.
  3. House70: All the administrator accounts are locked out.

Sub mesa: booting with ubuntu still wouldn't allow me to change/unlock the administrator account.

All: I have gotten my hands on a Microsoft ERD Commander disk that will allow me to boot in Windows and change/unlock the administrator account. Will try this today. Should work.
  4. ryeg said:
    House70: All the administrator accounts are locked out.

Sub mesa: booting with ubuntu still wouldn't allow me to change/unlock the administrator account.

All: I have gotten my hands on a Microsoft ERD Commander disk that will allow me to boot in Windows and change/unlock the administrator account. Will try this today. Should work.

@ ryeg : I am having the same problem with Server 2003 on a SAN controller. The Ultimate Boot CD (on a USB key) won't find the system hard disk. Did the ERD work for you? Did something else work for you?
Ask a new question

Read More

CD-Rom Hard Drives Storage