myounage

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
I am currently attempting to get my 920 to 3.2GHZ. I have 12GB of power-hungry RAM, so I have had to stick to this conservative OC due to large amounts of QPI/VTT required. I believe I have found the correct QPI/VTT voltage at 1.30V, as I can run memtest86+ without errors. However, in Windows I have instability and BSODs that seem to be getting worse or even changing. Whenever I was running with VTT too low, I always got BCC 0x124 and raised it until those stopped. But now I have had two crashes today that do not match any familiar profile. I got page fault in non-paged area (BCC 0x50) in ntfs.sys while gaming, and a hard reset (no BSOD or memory dump) after 45 minutes of Linpack. My voltages and settings are attached.

Hardware

Motherboard: Asus P6T, latest BIOS
CPU: i7 920
RAM: 12GB OCZ3G1600LV2G -- all sticks pass all memtest86+ tests (except bit fade, did not try bit fade)

Settings
Base clock: 160
Ram clock: 800MHZ (1600 MHZ)
Timings: 8-8-8-24-88-2N
QPI: 5.7GT/s
Speedstep off
HT on
LLC off

Voltages
vCore: 1.17
vDimm: 1.66
VTT/QPI: 1.30
PLL: 1.82. Heard somewhere that restarts with no data are usually PLL so I bumped it up from 1.80.
IOH / ICH: auto, PCI-E values locked @ 1.5.

My core temps max out at 76C n Linpack, and Tcase is below 67.5C at all times.

I have heard that IOH can be important, could my instabilities be due to default IOH voltage or perhaps a different hardware component altogether like a PSU or HDD? A while ago my RAID software told me a disk had failed, but I cleared the notification since false alarms are a known issue and it was happy enough to rebuild the array and has not bothered me since, suggesting the disks are fine.

Average day in memtest:
2q3p6op.jpg