Hard Disk Not Detected

darkclow

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
I been searching the similar topic but none fits my situation. I just put my computer together and everything is working fine except after the motherboard logo screen it pops up Hard Disk Not Detected before starting to load Windows 7.

Will there be any problem later on? Is this a HDD issue or maybe the board? I CAN go into Windows 7 and loads compelely fine at the moment.

I have Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s and Foxconn P55A-S LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

darkclow

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Adapter 1 disk information no hard disk is detected is the actual error pops before windows loads.

I have notice my computer reboots when I plug in my external HD to copy things into my newly formatted partitions.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
You mentioned only having a single HDD, and also that you can boot windows from that HDD which "isn't detected" according to windows when you start up.
I see no problem here...
Possibly it's just taking windows an extra second to detect it?

darkclow

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Umm probably need to figure out how to disable IDE in bios, but I am having issue computer just restarts when I copy files from external harddrive into my internal harddrive.

darkclow

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
No No it's fully installed Windows but when I actually transfer files from an external hardrive, things like music and my photos. The computer will rather blue screen when it start transfering or just reboots as soon as I plug the external harddrive.

I installed this Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB formatted into my other desktop and works fine without any of the error of "not detecting but still going to windows issue." Also can transfer files fine.

Probably an motherboard issue.