Not able to overclock ati 5470 hd

ankitk

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Hi guys i joined your forum today only and i hope that you Guys can help me a lot in my problems.
I want to overclock my ati mobility radeon 5470 hd but all the ways i tried for it failed. I used rivatuner, msi afterburner and ati tool but now also i am helpless. When i use afterburner and ati tool both shows max core speed as 750 but it not the max for it and i am not getting the option for overclock in rivatuner although i have made changes to its cfg file correctly.
Please help
thank you in advance

To be honest I wouldn't recommend overclocking a laptop. Heat is its worst enemy, and you can't install better fans to offset extra heat generated by an overclock. You're more likely to damage compontents in a laptop than in a desktop computer.

rockrl

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
evry one here i have acer 5742g with ati 5470 512mb vith 1,5gb shared memory witch is at lower speed than dedicaded memory and at full load the temprature is 47 C so fuckof with owerheating and i cant owerclock it and i hate one thing it is 64bit and bandwith is 12,5gbps.

DeadLeaves

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2011
I know I'm reviving an old dead thread. but since its one of the first hits on google I thought it might be good to provide a solution for the people whom are googling for this same problem.

The solution is the leaked: AMD GPU clock tool: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1641/AMD_GPU_Clock_Tool_v0.9.26.0_For_HD_5870.html

If you google for it you will also find 0.9.8, that is older than 0.9.26 however and does not support 5xxx series.