HELP ME

THIS IS REALLY LONG SO PLZ READ IT ALL


Okay so i am just starting to build my FIRST computer ever and i need some help i have everything all ready but just wanted to check first here is my build.

PSU= Rosewill RG630-2 630W ATX12V v2.3, SLI Ready, Active-PFC Power Supply, UL,FCC,CE,CB,ROHS - Retail

CASE= Rosewill R5604-TBK 0.8mm Japanese Cold Rolled Steel Screw-less Dual 120mm Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer

Cooler= ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail

Possessor= Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - Retail

Mother Board= GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Ram= G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT - Retail

GPU= EVGA 896-P3-1265-RX GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Hard Drive= Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - OEM

DVD Burner= LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30 - OEM

Grand Total of around $710 it is my gaming rig that i am going to build now what i need you to do is tell me if it is a good rig.

Also i would like u to give me the best gaming possessor for under $190 it can be either intel or AMD and the best video card under $200 please help me.


Thanks in advance.
27 answers Last reply
More about help
  1. PSU is trash the motherboard is not great either. Only get psu that are branded corsair, ocz, Ultra, thermaltake and antec; to be safe.

    The best cpu under $200 is the x4 940 with a 790gx motherboard. In my opinion the best single card under $200 is the gtx 260 and the best dual card is two 4770's in crossfire. Everything else looks good.
  2. mr mage 4565 said:
    THIS IS REALLY LONG SO PLZ READ IT ALL


    Okay so i am just starting to build my FIRST computer ever and i need some help i have everything all ready but just wanted to check first here is my build.

    PSU= Rosewill RG630-2 630W ATX12V v2.3, SLI Ready, Active-PFC Power Supply, UL,FCC,CE,CB,ROHS - Retail

    CASE= Rosewill R5604-TBK 0.8mm Japanese Cold Rolled Steel Screw-less Dual 120mm Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer

    Cooler= ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail

    Possessor= Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - Retail

    Mother Board= GIGABYTE GA-G41M-ES2L LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

    Ram= G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT - Retail

    GPU= EVGA 896-P3-1265-RX GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

    Hard Drive= Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive - OEM

    DVD Burner= LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30 - OEM

    Grand Total of around $710 it is my gaming rig that i am going to build now what i need you to do is tell me if it is a good rig.

    Also i would like u to give me the best gaming possessor for under $190 it can be either intel or AMD and the best video card under $200 please help me.


    Thanks in advance.
  3. Tech-Boy said:
    PSU is trash the motherboard is not great either. Only get psu that are branded corsair, ocz, Ultra, thermaltake and antec; to be safe.

    The best cpu under $200 is the x4 940 with a 790gx motherboard. In my opinion the best single card under $200 is the gtx 260 and the best dual card is two 4770's in crossfire. Everything else looks good.



    i don't think the PSU is trash because from the reviews people say it is great also if i were goign to crossfire i would need somebody on here to post links on where to get a motherboard that supports crossfire and any other componets nessasary
  4. I respect your opinion, if you think it is a great psu then get it.

    However I would never use it in one of my builds!
  5. The 790gx I suggested with the x4 940 supports crossfire.

    The best motherboard for the e8400 is the p45 by gigabyte which also supports 8x crossfire.
  6. Tech-Boy said:
    I respect your opinion, if you think it is a great psu then get it.

    However I would never use it in one of my builds!



    give me a solid reason why rosewill PSU are bad if u can do that then give me a link to a PSU that you would pick that had 600W
  7. mr mage 4565 said:
    i don't think the PSU is trash because from the reviews people say it is great also if i were goign to crossfire i would need somebody on here to post links on where to get a motherboard that supports crossfire and any other componets nessasary


    Rosewill PSUs are notorious for frying, and taking half of your rig with it. A PSU is something you NEVER want to skimp on. You came here for help, we know what we're talking about, take the advice.

    Get a Corsair or PC Power & Cooling PSU. Two of the best brands out there.
  8. Ok so now could sombody plz give me a link for a 600W PSU. also can you give me a link for a motherboard that supports crossfire for Radeon 4770
  9. Here is a good quality 600w psu by ocz and it is modular!

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341017

    Add the Power and Cooling brand to my above best psu brands list.

    mr mage 4564 This is a great psu for your build!
  10. what is a modulator?
  11. Fortunex said:



    I was typing my answer up when you posted did not see your post. :kaola: The Corsair 650w you recommended is a awesome power supply too, however it is $10 dollars more. But the same after rebate.
  12. You can unplug cables from the PSU itself to reduce cable clutter and increase airflow.
  13. other then my power supply is the rest of the system good? if u are not sure just copy and past the name in newegg
  14. Yeah.

    Personally, I'd get a Xigmatek Dark Knight

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233029

    Over that Zalman, but it's your choice.
  15. Fortunex said:
    Yeah.

    Personally, I'd get a Xigmatek Dark Knight

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233029

    Over that Zalman, but it's your choice.



    so i can't improve the prossesor or the video card? also if i were goign to do the crossfire setup with the radeon 4770 would i only need that one motherboard?
  16. Yes I think everything else looks good!

    However I would go with the x3 720 or x4 940 with a 790gx motherboard, for better performance. But the e8400 is a great overclocker but still not as fast as the multi core x3 and x4 phenom II cpu's.

    x3 720 -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103649&Tpk=x3%20720 $139

    x4 940 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103471 $189

    TA790GX -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138130 $109 with crossfire 8x lane support!

    EDIT: The Darknight as Fortunex said is better.
  17. You can, but the extra money won't be worth it. The E8500 and E8600 have higher multipliers, so you don't need to up the FSB as much when OCing, but whether you want to get those or not is your choice.

    Alternatively, the Phenom 720 performs the same as the E8400 in games and better in multi-tasking and stuff when they are OC'd the same, but the E8400 can overclock farther.

    Yes, that motherboard will work with dual 4770s.
  18. would this motherboard work with crossfire x i will be using 2 Radeon 4770

    BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
    140W Phenom and loaded for OC

    Model
    Brand BIOSTAR
    Model TFORCE TA790GX 128M
    Supported CPU
    CPU Socket Type AM2+/AM2
    CPU Type Phenom / Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64 / Sempron
    FSB 2600MHz Hyper Transport (5200 MT/s)
    Chipsets
    North Bridge AMD 790GX
    South Bridge AMD SB750
    Memory
    Number of Memory Slots 4×240pin
    Memory Standard DDR2 800/1066(1066 by AM2+ CPU)
    Maximum Memory Supported 16GB
    Channel Supported Dual Channel
    Expansion Slots
    PCI Express 2.0 x16 2 x PCI-E x16 2.0 Slot (CFX x8)
    PCI Express x1 2
    PCI Slots 2
    Storage Devices
    PATA 1 x ATA100 2 Dev. Max
    SATA 3Gb/s 6
    SATA RAID 0/1/5/10
    Onboard Video
    Onboard Video Chipset ATI Radeon HD 3300
    Onboard Audio
    Audio Chipset Realtek ALC888
    Audio Channels 8 Channels
    Onboard LAN
    LAN Chipset Realtek 8111C
    Max LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps
    Rear Panel Ports
    PS/2 2
    Video Ports D-Sub + DVI
    HDMI 1 x HDMI
    USB 4 x USB 2.0
    Audio Ports 6 Ports
    Onboard USB
    Onboard USB 3 x USB 2.0 Header
    Physical Spec
    Form Factor ATX
    Power Pin 24 Pin
    Packaging
    Package Contents TFORCE TA790GX 128M
    Driver Disk
    User Manual
    Rear I/O Panel Shield
    IDE/PATA Cable
    SATA Cable
    4-pin to SATA Power Cable


    would this motherboard work?
  19. Yes, that would work fine.
  20. Fortunex said:
    Yes, that would work fine.


    the extra PCI 2.0 x 16 would it be just as good or a little badder? also i was wondering what would be the best crossfire configuration for $200 or less?
  21. The best crossfire combination for under $200 is two 4770's.
  22. Tech-Boy said:
    The best crossfire combination for under $200 is two 4770's.



    if i buy 2 4770 on newegg will i need anything ealse for the crossfire x setup?
  23. would this power supply be a good choice too?

    BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.8 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
    Winner of Anandtech's Gold Editor's Choice Award sup
  24. BFG is higher-than-average quality, but again, I'd go for Corsair, PC P&C or Seasonic.
  25. would this be better? CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail
    Voted Best Power Supply Manufacturer by Custom PC 2008

    and do i even need 750W would a 450 or 500W be better?!??!?!?
  26. You need a minimum of 550w. You only need 700w+ fi going sli.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product