Securing an XP Desktop

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Greetings all...

XP Pro SP1
Fortres 101 v5.0

With the help of Fortres I am rolling out a limited secure desktop to our
users and have one little hole left to plug... I need a way to prevent
users, within an explorer folder or drive, from clicking View and then
adding the Address Bar or from Customizing the toolbar and adding buttons.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Bob

If replying via email drop the nospam!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Bob

Did you try the Group Policy? There are few entries to control the tool bar
options.