Motherboard and graphics card

viju24

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
i have a ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 motherboard and intel dual core processor... can anybody tell me which all graphics card will be best suited to my system...tell price too if u know....reply soon waiting to buy.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
viju - the most important factor in choosing a graphics card is what you plan to use the computer for. If you want to browse the internet and work on office applications, a very basic card will do. However, if you plan to run hi-end gaming software, you want the best possible card.

You have a VGA port already in this motherboard. Are you using that now? Do you want to run a different monitor or move to HD quality with the same monitor?

This is the page for your motherboard - handy for you to reference and for anyone trying to help you with this:
http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=PYvbfOokwxUzJky3

I suggest you check newegg for a 4670 chipset card with rebate or lifetime warranty, such as some models of evga. You have to register them online to get the warranty. The 4670 is a mid range card that may not require you to upgrade the power supply. If you have at least 300 watts in a fortron fsp, aopen, corsair, antec, seasonic, pc power and cooling, enermax, or ocz, any of those may be able to handle this card without an upgrade. If you want a high end card, be sure to check for recommended 12v amp ratings. I use 40 amps as the minimum for a high end video card.