smithinator101

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
I have a PC with a pentium4 3.2GHZ CPU an an asus P5AD2-E proactive AI motherboard, lately when ever i turn the PC it comes up with a message saying " system failure CPU test " so i turn the PC of and try a few more times eventually ( after a few tries ) the system boots up like normal with no issues. My question is what could be causing this issue and what do you recommend i do to remedy the situation?

Thanks in advance.

P.s i brought the PC second hand so i cant return it to the store, also when i first brought it it started every time then one day it just stopped :cry:

stevensl2

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
This might be totally irrelevant but maybe the person you bought the PC from also had the problem, and that's why he returned it xD

I suggest taking out the CPU and reinstalling it.

smithinator101

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
thanks, i heard somewhere it might be that the psu is insufficient to supply the power needed what do you think? is there anything else i can try?

masterjaw

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

PSU issues usually come up when you add up video card to the equation. I haven't encounter a PSU issue that would give you that kind of error. Most likely, the problem lies with the CPU and/or hsf.