Sign in with
Your question

Foxconn g31mxp front panel Audio not work

Last response: in Motherboards
October 28, 2009 5:12:10 AM

how to connect the Front panel in to F_AUDIO port
October 29, 2009 2:46:56 AM

Thanks mongox,But i cant compare that pin configuration with front panel board.because it is no named,it's wire ends marked as FR_R, FR_L, RR_R, RR_L, MIC POWER, GND, MIC_IN.
Then how connect them.
are there any jumper setings related to F_AUDIO ?
plz help me further.
Related resources
October 29, 2009 2:52:00 AM

Thanks zipzoomflyhigh,But i cant compare that pin configuration with front panel board.because it is no named,it's wire ends marked as FR_R, FR_L, RR_R, RR_L, MIC POWER, GND, MIC_IN.
Then how connect them.plz help me further.
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2009 4:24:27 AM

It's very likely that if the front panel is designed for HD audio - and some are designed for AC'97 - then it will plug right into the 10pin header you have.

Does it only have nine wires? Is the empty place over pin8? If so, you're likely just fine plugging it in.

Here are two Front Audio plugs, despite the different names, they are the same. Yours is the first one listed.
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2009 4:26:59 AM

From this I gather that
MIC2_L is the same as PORT1_L
SENSE_SEND is same as FAUDIO_JD
etc...

I really think these things are standard - if the front panel is HD Audio. Plug it in and see if it works.
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2009 4:30:32 AM

Note the following. It shows a HD Audio pinout compared to a AC'97 pinout. Sounds like your front panel of the case is using AC'97. Your motherboard only supports the newer HD_Audio.

I do not know if a front panel wiring from the case designed for AC'97 will work properly with HD Audio. Your case may also include two different wiring harnesses.

Notice how closely what you describe fits the AC'97 pins!
Note the above graphic and instructions are NOT about your motherboard.
October 29, 2009 10:48:20 AM

thanks mongox,i think my mboard not support that chassis audio port.my mboard manual noticed that F_AUDIO is HD standard.then i cant set three GND wires to pin 2,6 and 10.chasis has only one GND.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 18, 2010 5:28:54 AM

i'm using a foxconn 662mx motherboard and i got a problem in the front panel audio on how to plug in the right pinhead.. could help me with this please? thanks!
January 6, 2011 10:32:26 PM

Mongox said:
Note the following. It shows a HD Audio pinout compared to a AC'97 pinout. Sounds like your front panel of the case is using AC'97. Your motherboard only supports the newer HD_Audio.

I do not know if a front panel wiring from the case designed for AC'97 will work properly with HD Audio. Your case may also include two different wiring harnesses.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~expertpc/toms/f_audio.jpg
Notice how closely what you describe fits the AC'97 pins!
Note the above graphic and instructions are NOT about your motherboard.

my case only have 2 mic in 2 gnd 1 R in 1 R out 1 L in and 1 L out, how i do to conect them?
!