Clm76135@yahoo.com

I have an asus P5GD2 Deluxe mobo with an intel 3.8 cpu 4 sticks of Corsair XMS2 ram.Fresh install of xp pro. System will not recog nize but 3.0 gb ram.I have removed and replaced ram 1 stick at a time same results. Anyone have any ideas?
10 answers Last reply
More about clm76135 yahoo
  1. No matter how much RAM you install, XP will only "see" and use a maximum of 3.25GB of RAM memory.
  2. I'm using XP PRO 64 Bit.
  3. That's a horse of a different color.

You must understand that we get a lot of people that think they have one thing and actually don't really know what they've got. I hate to get all picky on words, but there is no such thing as "XP Pro 64 bit" see the problem??? There is a system known as XP X-64. Nothing like going crazy half the night to help someone with an incurable problem that ends up being that they mis-represented their system.

If you just installed XP X-64 and it can't 'see' all the RAM available then it seems the chipset drivers made for X-64 are not installed.
  4. I have a brand new Microsoft Windows XP Professionalx64 Edition.I looked it up on Microsoft Windows website they say it is a true 64 bit os.

5. Does BIOS recognise all the RAM?

6. Does BIOS recognise all the RAM?

Yes

7. Does it also say how much graphics is using?

8. Does it also say how much graphics is using?

9. 128
  10. clm76135 said:
    I have an asus P5GD2 Deluxe mobo with an intel 3.8 cpu 4 sticks of Corsair XMS2 ram.Fresh install of xp pro x 64. System will not recognize but 3.0 gb ram.I have removed and replaced ram 1 stick at a time same results. Anyone have any ideas?
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration RAM Corsair Windows XP