mondeng888

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
my laptop can't find network in range..wireless network connection always saying no wireless network were found in range even inside starbucks..even if I refresh it..

G

Are you sure the wireless adapter is enabled ? There's usually a physical switch or a keyboard combination.

Beyond that, as you seem to have guessed, look for a newer driver -- if the chipset brand is obvious go to the chipset maker's site as it may have a newer driver than Acer.

mondeng888

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
Are you sure the wireless adapter is enabled ? There's usually a physical switch or a keyboard combination.

Beyond that, as you seem to have guessed, look for a newer driver -- if the chipset brand is obvious go to the chipset maker's site as it may have a newer driver than Acer.

Thanks for the info. Just want to mention also that the tiny comp monitor icon on the lower right hand of the desktop having a message that says wireless network has detected whenever i right click on it to repair. But when i'm on the connect to network window there's no wireless network on range message will appear even if i refresh it..