Gaming 1900x1080 vs 1920x1200

hey this might seem like a dumb question but im looking for a new monitor and just wanted to know while gaming if i would max the rez at 1900x1080 or if i want to do high rez gaming i have to go 1920x1200?
11 answers Last reply
More about gaming 1900x1080 1920x1200
  1. i would have higher resolution and turn things down but it all depends what graphic card you are running so its hard to tell since you didnt tell us your system specs
  2. 1920x1080 true full hd resolution (16:9). 1920x1200 is 16:10 ratio not differentiated in gaming much but movies will show some spare space above and below.

    Go for 1920x1080.
  3. hsetir said:
    1920x1080 true full hd resolution (16:9). 1920x1200 is 16:10 ratio not differentiated in gaming much but movies will show some spare space above and below.

    Go for 1920x1080.

    Why?

    1920x1200 is higher resolution, including more vertical space, which is great for internet use and productivity. I'd always go for the higher res if you have a choice. The reason the black bars are there is because those are all of the pixels that you wouldn't have if you had a 1920x1080 screen. So, while you're watching HD movies, you've effectively got 1920x1080 anyways, but for everything else, you have an extra 230,400 pixels to play with.
  4. alvine said:
    i would have higher resolution and turn things down but it all depends what graphic card you are running so its hard to tell since you didnt tell us your system specs


    my specs are intel e8500 3.16 OC to 3.8 4 gigs of ddr3 1600 asus p5q3 delux ati Radeon HD 4870 1 gig
  5. I'd definitely go with 1920x1200.
  6. cjl said:
    Why?

    1920x1200 is higher resolution, including more vertical space, which is great for internet use and productivity. I'd always go for the higher res if you have a choice. The reason the black bars are there is because those are all of the pixels that you wouldn't have if you had a 1920x1080 screen. So, while you're watching HD movies, you've effectively got 1920x1080 anyways, but for everything else, you have an extra 230,400 pixels to play with.


    It's matter of taste more than extra pixels when already at this high resolution.
    Black bars may be somewhat distracting and reminding while watching movies more than would it make you feel about the extra pixels. I've had experiences with both and I prefer true hd and so do many people.
  7. I love how the lower resolution is called "True HD"

    Seriously, if the black bars bug you that much, then there's another problem. I have several blu-rays in wider aspect ratios than 16:9, and they would have black bars on either screen. Besides, for pretty much everything but movies, the extra vertical space is really nice to have.
  8. Go for the 1920x1200 with out second thought
  9. To tell you the truth they both are very similar you couldnt tell the difference. I would go with the 1920x1080 because they tend to be much cheaper and take less of a toll on your graphic card.
  10. If money is not an issue go for 1920x1200.....
  11. Having both 1920 x 1200 and 1920 x 1080, I prefer 1920 x 1200. Not only does 1920 x 1200 provide extra 120 lines of vertical viewing space (less scrolling down when viewing web pages or Word docs, etc), but these monitors are not limited to TN panel technologies.

    The only two advantages of going with 1920 x 1080 in stead of 1920 x 1200 are as follows:

    1. Slight increase in gaming performance because there are about 10% less pixels to push.
    2. Lower price because there are 10% less pixels.
    3. No black bars when viewing 16:9 aspect ratio movies (but there are many other different aspect ratios like 2.35:1 and 2.4:1)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming Monitors Graphics