Error message upon start up of computer

Hello
Need help with getting a file back. computer message on my
home pc reads as follows:
""windows could not start because the following file is
missing or corrupt: \windows\systems32\config\system"

Any idea of what i need to do?

Thanks so much

Greetings --

The precise recovery steps are here:

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"Tracey Brown" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> Need help with getting a file back. computer message on my
> home pc reads as follows:
> ""windows could not start because the following file is
> missing or corrupt: \windows\systems32\config\system"
>
> Any idea of what i need to do?
>
> Thanks so much

Hi

Try here: