Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Motherboard EATX Power socket

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 28, 2009 2:29:21 PM

Hi,
I'm looking for a bit of running and feedback for the next few mins. I'm connecting my psu to all the components in my new rig but just wanting to check a few things.
First, my motherboard has an 8-pin EATX power socket (one by the cpu) with a plastic cap over one half. But my psu only comes with a 4-pin plug so could i just plug in that? Thanks

CPU = Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz
Motherboard = Asus P5Q SE PLUS
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 28, 2009 2:36:52 PM

Quote:
Hi,
I'm looking for a bit of running and feedback for the next few mins. I'm connecting my psu to all the components in my new rig but just wanting to check a few things.
First, my motherboard has an 8-pin EATX power socket (one by the cpu) with a plastic cap over one half. But my psu only comes with a 4-pin plug so could i just plug in that? Thanks

CPU = Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz
Motherboard = Asus P5Q SE PLUS


Please, someone. I really am at a loose-end here. I've searched the web as best I can.
October 28, 2009 5:23:40 PM

Quote:
Please, someone. I really am at a loose-end here. I've searched the web as best I can.


what size power supply do you have?

yes you can power it up with just the 4 pin plug in the 8 pin socket.. ive seen this done plenty with older psu's on new motherboards.. you can even get a 4 to 8 pin motherboard adapter wire to cross it over..
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 28, 2009 9:02:27 PM

Thanks for the info man. It is some random winpower 500w psu that came with the case so thinking about replacing it
October 29, 2009 1:40:55 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info man. It is some random winpower 500w psu that came with the case so thinking about replacing it


nothing like a new psu make the wheels turn faster.. i would get that winpower out asap! but it should suffice for the time being.. :) 
October 29, 2009 6:26:15 PM

Done and done. Thanks for the advice, I tried it with the winpower one but it didn't boot anyways so I've got a
Toodlepip
!