Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Running:
650 PSU
4 Gig RAM 800mhz
9600 GSO
Athlon 5200+
Windows vista 32 bit

So, I love my 9600 GSO. I even bought another one, and a new motherboard (which broke and I have to buy another new motherboard to do SLI with), but lately...my games have been crashing so much, its about 20 times a day at LEAST.

It's annoying as hell. First I thought it was overheating, but it can't be if you just turn on your comp, start up CS:S, and bam crashes within 2 mins of buying guns and killing people.

I thought it was the RAM so I took some out. Nope.

Thought it was the video card, so I replaced my old 9600 GSO, with the one I just bought. Nope.

But I did see something interesting. My game was crashing so I spammed CTRL+ALT+DEL, and I got to the desktop, and it said that a video driver was failing?

So I'm wondering, should I roll back my driver for my card? If so, how far? I'm using the most up to date Nvidia driver from like May 5th or whatever...so IDK.

finn92

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
To use NVIDIA SLI technology using multiple SLI cards connected to a single display

From the NVIDIA Control Panel navigation tree pane, under 3D Settings, select Set SLI configuration to open the associated page.

Click Enable SLI.

Systems with three NVIDIA SLI-ready GPUS in an SLI PC are indicated by the text Enable 3-way SLI.

Systems with four NVIDIA SLI-ready GPUs in an SLI PC are indicated by the text Enable Quad SLI technology.

Click Apply.