control panel-cannot open any applications

When I start up and go to control panel to open any
application the window momentarily pops up and
disappears.This occurred in every application
from "add/remove hardware or software to speker
confiuration.Can someone help.The operating system is
windows XP

I am having the same problem did you get it corrected and
how did you do it

Sounds like spyware or a worm of some sort.

Do you have current anti-virus software ?
Do you have current anti-spyware software ? If not ....
SpyBot
http://www.safer-networking.org/

AdAware
www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Do you run the Internet Connection Firewall ?

Have you done all of the Windows Critical Updates ? If not
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Also see these:
THE PARASITE FIGHT QUICK FIX PROTOCOL
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

THE PARASITE FIGHT
Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive
software
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;827315#appliesto

Spyware and Deceptive Software