TS2U: Problem with autonomy and certain rooms

I'm experiecing what seems to be a bug... when in certain rooms, my
sims appear to lose all autonomy. They stand in the same place, and
complain, until they die... only interacting with other people or
objects in that room, and not being able to leave it. There doesn't
seem to be any rhyme or reason to what rooms it happens in.
4 answers Last reply
More about ts2u problem autonomy rooms

    I have seen sims be unable to interact with objects in different rooms
    if the doorway to the room is on a diagonal. Is, perhaps, the only
    entrance to your room on a diagonal wall? If so, I have been able to
    fix the problem by putting a door in a flat wall (or, alternatively,
    manually moving the sim out of the room when appropriate).

    On 20 Apr 2005 08:45:52 -0700, "DeAnn" <diwan@mitre.org> wrote:

    >I have seen sims be unable to interact with objects in different rooms
    >if the doorway to the room is on a diagonal. Is, perhaps, the only
    >entrance to your room on a diagonal wall? If so, I have been able to
    >fix the problem by putting a door in a flat wall (or, alternatively,
    >manually moving the sim out of the room when appropriate).

    Yes! You're absolutely right, they were, in both cases I've seen it!
    Ack what a silly bug. But at least then I know it's not one of my
    downloads doing it. Thanks DeAnn!

    Oooh, I'm glad you guys posted. I have a house right now
    that I love and don't want to delete, but I added a small
    bathroom with a door on a diagonal wall, and I'm having
    the same problem. I was confused, since there's nothing
    blocking them, and if I tell them to leave that bathroom,
    they can and do. I'll just fix the door, then.

    Laura

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:32:44 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Oooh, I'm glad you guys posted. I have a house right now
    >that I love and don't want to delete, but I added a small
    >bathroom with a door on a diagonal wall, and I'm having
    >the same problem. I was confused, since there's nothing
    >blocking them, and if I tell them to leave that bathroom,
    >they can and do. I'll just fix the door, then.

    Same here... need to do some remodelling. That is one annoying, stupid
    bug :-(

Sims Games Bug Video Games