Sign in with
Your question

P5N-E SLI motherboard ethernet problems.

Last response: in Networking
August 19, 2009 1:53:27 PM

Hi all,

I am having some trouble with the ethernet port on my p5n-e sli motherboard, when I plug in a cable (which I know works fine) to my router, it says "identifying" but will not connect to the internet (though my network is fine, I am certain since it works for wireless and other pcs).

Whats more, when I disable the port in connections, it hangs and I need to restart explorer.exe and the pc doesnt shut down properly. I cannot uninstall the drivers, nor update them (my last attempt just threw me back to device manager after ~5mins and set the connection as disabled).

Even stranger is that this problem seems to happen in both vista and windows 7, though it happened after the failure of my graphics card.

I am at a complete loss and it is quite frustrating, so if anyone can shed any light on this I would be very grateful

Jimmy
August 19, 2009 6:45:21 PM

Try deleting the network adapters from the device manager list and then reinstall.
August 20, 2009 7:59:50 AM

Hi,

It seems like, you may need a mother board in which there is a Ethernet software option, go through it and install it.

Thanks!! :) 
April 6, 2011 5:50:05 AM

GraveyardJimmy said:
Hi all,

I am having some trouble with the ethernet port on my p5n-e sli motherboard, when I plug in a cable (which I know works fine) to my router, it says "identifying" but will not connect to the internet (though my network is fine, I am certain since it works for wireless and other pcs).

Whats more, when I disable the port in connections, it hangs and I need to restart explorer.exe and the pc doesnt shut down properly. I cannot uninstall the drivers, nor update them (my last attempt just threw me back to device manager after ~5mins and set the connection as disabled).

Even stranger is that this problem seems to happen in both vista and windows 7, though it happened after the failure of my graphics card.

I am at a complete loss and it is quite frustrating, so if anyone can shed any light on this I would be very grateful

Jimmy

I am having this exact same problem. My graphics card went out (8800GT) and now my NIC is not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
!