Sign in with
Your question

System Restore?

Last response: in Windows XP
October 14, 2011 2:19:40 AM

I did a restore point to earlier time,now computer will not power up.I get this on monitor now,and that is all. I get this message on monitor after turning power on.Stop:c0000135{unable to locate component} This application had failed to start because winsrv wad not found.

More about : system restore

a b \ Driver
October 14, 2011 5:56:50 AM

1. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer. Select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so.

2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start Recovery Console.

3. If your computer is configured for dual booting or multiple booting, select the relevant Windows XP installation.

4. When you are prompted to do so, type the administrator password, and then press ENTER.
(NOTE: In Windows XP Home Edition, the administrator password is blank by default).

5. To expand a new copy of the winsrv32.dll file from the Windows XP CD-ROM to the System32 folder, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
expand X:\i386\WINSRV.DLL_  c:\windows\system32

If it fails, enter: expand X:\i386\WINSRV.DL_  c:\windows\system32\WINSRV.DLL
(notice slight name change in file extensions and the target is named completely).

The X is the drive letter for the drive that contains the Windows XP CD-ROM, and c:\windows is the drive letter and folder in which Windows XP is installed.

6. Type exit, press ENTER, and then restart the computer.

7. Take the CD out of the CD or DVD drive and allow windows to boot normally.
m
l
Related resources
!