I5-2500k overclock

Newbiekid

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
After reading this guide,

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265056-29-2600k-2500k-overclocking-guide

I am still abit confused. So the base multipler is like 33x100= 3.3ghz for my stock processor speed?

So if i want a 4.0ghz processor i have to set it as 40x100=4.0ghz

Is voltage for increasing more power to the CPU? So if i managed to overclock to 4.0ghz without changing voltage will the processor still be at the same temperature as stock?

My Computer specs are:

I5-2500k
MSI-P67A-C45
G.Skill Ripjaw X 2x2GB CL7
Noctua C12P

Solution
If you just bought the PSU then RMA it, if not, then buy a new one. I would say open it up but there alot of things I personally couldnt tell what to do with inside of the PSU.

but for clarification incase anyone can help, is it a ticking or a clicking? clicking might mean your caps are weak. ticking, well, i dont know what the hell that could mean. Sorry if this is not helpful enough.

Newbiekid

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Do i have to disable turbo boost? Will there be a case that i OC to 4.0GHz then it turo to 4.4GHz and fails?

I would personally disable turbo boost, but that is a preference thing for me. All it does is automatically down clock when you are in an idle state(by you i mean your computer of course, :p) Is the ticking from your hard drives or have you narrowed it down to a specific part or piece of hardware? OCing should not cause a ticking sound unless maybe something is caught in your fans? If its your hard drives, you might wanna start doing a backup now and your drives could be susceptible to failure and would result in data loss... :(

Newbiekid

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

The sound is coming from the PSU, But i cant find the cause still.

If you just bought the PSU then RMA it, if not, then buy a new one. I would say open it up but there alot of things I personally couldnt tell what to do with inside of the PSU.

but for clarification incase anyone can help, is it a ticking or a clicking? clicking might mean your caps are weak. ticking, well, i dont know what the hell that could mean. Sorry if this is not helpful enough.

Solution

Newbiekid

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Its ok Thanks anyway =). I brought it back to the shop and the technician was away.When i came back they show me it was working, i plugged it into my com moments ago and it was alright.