ashammay

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
My specs are as follows
Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.6GHz
MOBO: ASUS M4A78T-E
GPU: PNY GTX 260 core 216
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 (with an Excalibur fan)
Case: Cooler Master Sniper
Memory: (4GB DDR3) A-DATA Gaming Series

I have finished over clocking my Black Edition CPU and I want to overclock my Northbridge now. I realize I'm going to have to change some voltages somewhere in the process so my question is this...Which voltage setting should I touch? There are two different voltage settings in my BIOS. One is named "CPU/NB voltage" and the other is just named "NB voltage". I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. I just want to know what each one does and what I should do to overclock my Northbridge.

You do realize that overclocking your Northbridge will also overclock your CPU and RAM right? You went about your overclock backwards -- you should have started with a low multiplier and overclocked your BCLK setting first. After that, you should have increased the multiplier until you found your maximum. Oh well, live and learn I guess...

The CPU/NB Voltage is the voltage of the CPU's link to the Northbridge. If this goes too high, you damage your CPU.

The NB Voltage is the voltage of the Northbridge chip itself. If this goes too high, you damage the Northbridge chip.

Edit: Also, please don't start multiple threads on the same exact subject. Thanks. :)

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009

You can OC the NB without OCing the RAM....There are settings that allow for OCing of the NB and HT in BIOS on his board...without ever having to touch the BCLK...I agree on the explanation of NB voltage and damaging the Hardware.

TRENDING THREADS