jadawgis732

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Hi guys, I have a 4850x2 and I'm having trouble getting it to xfire right. Well only in one game to be sure, but still, I have two gpu-z windows going in the background, one for each gpu, and with or without xfire the second one registers no increase in speed or temps. I'm going to check using fraps now to see if any increase in framerate. Anyone else have this problem?

jadawgis732

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
no, but as the avg fps over a minute with v-sync turned off is 62 whether x-fire is enable or not I don't think it's gpu-z.
I get ~60 FPS in mass effect at 1920x1080 with all settings maxed out

nightbre

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
Since I installed the last drivers the second card stopped and games are badly choppy.It was using the 2 cards prior to this and both registered full activity when in use but now the second card is idle constantly and ingame does nothing.

I am considering just wiping the gfx drivers and going back to the old version since it seems ati cannot release a stable working set.The x fire is activated and shows this but still it doesnt fire the second card up.Ive always used dual display with these both plugged into the top card and it worked fine before the release of the new drivers.