GTX 275 only artifacts in warhead at enthusiast settings

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I have an EVGA GTX 275 and just beat the original crysis after playing for 5 hours straight (all high settings, 1600 x 1050, no AA, DX10) with not a single artifact (GPU temps were varied from 65C to 80C). As soon as I beat the game I installed crysis warhead and the game started with the settings auto set to gamer. Got about 2-3min into gameplay with no artifacting but when I decided to try turning the settings to enthusiast I immediately started seeing weird black lines whenever I would try to turn my character. I turned the settings back down to gamer and didn't see a single artifact. I check the GPU-z log after exiting the game and the max temp during gameplay was 79C which im pretty sure is fine.

The card is not overclocked at all.

Here are my specs:
Core i7 920 OC to 3.0GHz
Corsair 3GB DDR3-1333
ASUS P6T mobo
Antec 900 case
Corsair TX 750w PSU
EVGA GTX 275
Windows 7 64-bit RC

I have a pretty well ventilated case with all the case fans turned up to max speed and I don't think my gpu temps are anything outrageous either. Could it be that the windows 7 drivers are buggy with this card? I have no other artifacting whatsoever in my other games including the original crysis, just with warhead at enthusiast settings. Is there any chance that my card is bad?

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Your temps seem fine to me high end cards run hot by default, although you might want to set the fan speed manually using Rivatuner (set it to 100%) and see it continues.

Really though, if it's artifacts now get it should be replaced right away.