New GFX Card, old ones fried.

sander17

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
Hello there,
About 3-4 days ago, my old GFX card (7600GT Geforce) started out with some problems. The monitor would flash out and be black for some seconds, to come back on and back out etc. Also, I had some weird lines and colors through my monitor. So, to be sure it wasn't my monitor I hooked an old one to my PC, same problems. So I determined it was definitly my GFX Card.

Now I'd like to buy a new one, ofcourse I have already searched something out and came on to 2 results

Asus EN8400GS SILENT/HTP/256M
and the
Club3D GeForce 7200GS 256MB

Now you notice they are both on the cheap side, and also on the low performing side, I chose this because pretty much the only game I play is World of Warcraft, which isn't a too high demanding game.

Do you think, one of these cards can have this game well? Shall I pay a few bucks more and then still be able to sometimes play other games, that are a bit more graphical? (Because sometimes I'd like to play games like CoD, when a new game comes out for example.)

I'd like to hear your opinions, also , if you have another GFX card that is DEFINITLY worth to check in my situation and/or price range (€25-65) I'm open for all suggestions!

Greetings, Sander.

sander17

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006

Thanks for your reply.
My problem is -though- that this is kind of an expensive card, like I said, I don't need a top notch card since I only play this kind of game (World of Warcraft) which requires a pretty low end graphic card.
Since I'm not a hardcore gamer and definitly don't want to be able to run crysis with 60fps, a little less will be fine for me!

But again thanks for your reply :)

@ sander17: I'd point you towards the 9500GT or HD4650, but look for the DDR3 versions if your budget reaches.
As mousemonkey says, the cards you have listed will both be a downgrade and neither will play CoD, even at the lowest settings.

sander17

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006

Hey man! I got these results from my local shop

Club3D GeForce 9500GT 512MB € 55,00
Club3D GeForce 9500GT 1GB (GDDR2) € 59,50
Club3D GeForce 9500GT 512MB GDDR3 € 63,00

Now my question is, since these differ all so small from each other price-wise. I wonder which is the one to go with? Like you said the DDR3 one is 65€ so my feeling points towards that one, but what are the differences between the 2x DDR2 ones?

Thanks!

You are giving prices in Euro so I take it you are not from the UK?
The DDR3 card is faster see here:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/radeon-geforce-graphics,review-31583-6.html

I would advise looking on the 'net rather than shopping locally, your money will go further.

Also consider the HD4650, the DDR2 version is as fast as the 9500GT DDR3 while the DDR3 HD4650 is faster still.
If you cannot shop on the 'net, any of the cards you have listed will be a suitable replacement for your dead 7600GT.

sander17

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006

Alright, I got this one:
http://norrod.nl/ws_a_index.asp?A_id=36149 for (Asus EAH4650/DI/1GD2) 56€
I have a real bad experience with online shopping so I'd rather not, plus those few euro's (I'm from the netherlands) aren't hurting me, when I know I get it instantly and not have to wait a few days for it to arrive. :D
I think this will be my choice then

sander17

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006

Haha yes I already thought of that but thanks for the heads up.
And thanks alot you've helped me made the choice! :D

TRENDING THREADS