Sign in with
Your question

AMD Phenom II 955...

Last response: in CPUs
August 14, 2009 7:12:11 AM

So i just easily overclocked my cpu to 3.6 and was wondering how good of a score 12463 is, b4 oc it was 10849, but these numbers really mean nothing to me

On a side note, only have one of my 4890's hooked up and it scored 10665 wondering if that was pretty normal? thanx every1

More about : amd phenom 955

a c 126 à CPUs
a b À AMD
August 14, 2009 7:23:57 AM

Um....... do you mean in 3DMark 06 or Vantage?

Because for a quad at that clock rate and a 4890, well two, I would expect a higher score for both 3DMark and Vantage.
August 14, 2009 7:31:17 AM

its done in vantage, i only have one 4890 till my psu arrives, are u talking bout the cpu #'s or the gpu?
Related resources
August 14, 2009 7:35:10 AM

The score is just for the cpu score, not the actual combined score
August 14, 2009 3:50:28 PM

Update/Bump

With the gpu turned on these are my results, can someone please translate this?
August 14, 2009 4:01:37 PM

Unless you bought your computer for benchmarking (which is fun don't get me wrong), there is no need to be concerned about your benchmarks. Compare your system to Futuremark's similar settings and you should only be concerned if your games run the way you think they should.
August 15, 2009 5:05:31 AM

its not for benchmarking per-say but it'd def. be nice to get some decent results, its saying i have the worst of 20 similar systems.. makes me wonder wth is wrong :( 
August 15, 2009 4:22:49 PM

jlear3 said:
its not for benchmarking per-say but it'd def. be nice to get some decent results, its saying i have the worst of 20 similar systems.. makes me wonder with is wrong :( 

The worst of 20 similar systems doesn't mean a lot. They may be similar, but they are not exactly the same, so there may be differences in the build which result in large differences in the score. Though I don't know what the scores were in comparison to yours, there may also not be a big difference in your number 21 score and the number 20 score. So don't worry too much about what is wrong. Everything might be right, for your computer.

The best use that I've found with 3Dmark/Vantage is to compare the results of various changes that I make to my own computer; i.e., did an overclock really help or not, how much did a particular video card help, etc. Another thing it does is to let me know if there is some instability. That is, if the program crashes out, maybe I need to increase the voltage to the ram, CPU, or video card, or maybe I've simply pushed the overclock up a little too high and the computer became unstable.
August 15, 2009 4:31:31 PM

jlear3 said:
its not for benchmarking per-say but it'd def. be nice to get some decent results, its saying i have the worst of 20 similar systems.. makes me wonder wth is wrong :( 

In a synthetic benchmark. In actual gameplay your PC might come out on top out of those 20 similar systems.
August 21, 2009 1:40:52 AM

I have a very similar system to yours. Since it is a BE cpu I prefer to oc with the multiplier over the FSB. Normally I leave it at 18x202-5 for everyday use. I have done a lot of reading about HT and real answers are hard to come by, but what I have found is that that it is recommended to stay as close to spec on the HT for normal use. I know that when these guys really go after extreme OC scores they will push the HT, though after the testing often the equipment is thrown away. I also have 2 4870s in xfire. Your ocing the gpus intrigues me I have never set the mem or freq that high. I do have a AM3 mb and a 955. The best I have done so far is just under 22k (21.7k) in 3Dmark 06. With 2 4890s you’ll do better.

I would be curious as to how high anyone OCs their 4870s and how is that working out for them?
!