TS2U: More than 8 sims on a lot!

Last response: in Video Games
April 20, 2005 10:50:29 PM

Boy am I a moron... I never tried the Tombstone of L and D... simply
click "Add neighbour to family". However, when you move them in, you
get none of the normal dialogues, no money, nothing, so use at your
own peril.

More about : ts2u sims lot

April 21, 2005 7:53:34 AM

"Guardian Pegasus" <Pope Been-a-Dick Adolf Panzer Rat Nazinger Torquemada
II@holysee.va> wrote in message
> Boy am I a moron... I never tried the Tombstone of L and D... simply
> click "Add neighbour to family". However, when you move them in, you
> get none of the normal dialogues, no money, nothing, so use at your
> own peril.

Hi, well I'm more of a moron because I can't find the Tombstone of L and D.
I've got the shrub and some other hacks but can't find the tombstone. Is
that in the game or a download? The hacked mailbox wasn't downloaded by me
on purpose but came with something. Is the tombstone one of those. Thanks
for any help.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 10:46:44 AM

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:53:34 GMT, "Mary"
<xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Hi, well I'm more of a moron because I can't find the Tombstone of L and D.
>I've got the shrub and some other hacks but can't find the tombstone. Is
>that in the game or a download? The hacked mailbox wasn't downloaded by me
>on purpose but came with something. Is the tombstone one of those. Thanks
>for any help.

The tombstone of L and D (Life and Death) is in the game, but to reach
it you have to enter the debug code "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled
true" then hold shift and left-click a sim. You can do lots of neat
stuff with it... repair broken items, click the telescope and get
people abducted... also try left clicking the mailbox, and trashcan,
for some interesting stuff. But you must hold down shift while
clicking, otherwise you won't notice the cheat is even activated,
except for a bit of black text in the top right corner telling you
what version your game is.
Related resources
April 21, 2005 10:46:45 AM

> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:53:34 GMT, "Mary"
> <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi, well I'm more of a moron because I can't find the Tombstone of L and
>>D.
>>I've got the shrub and some other hacks but can't find the tombstone. Is
>>that in the game or a download? The hacked mailbox wasn't downloaded by
>>me
>>on purpose but came with something. Is the tombstone one of those.
>>Thanks
>>for any help.
>
> The tombstone of L and D (Life and Death) is in the game, but to reach
> it you have to enter the debug code "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled
> true" then hold shift and left-click a sim. You can do lots of neat
> stuff with it... repair broken items, click the telescope and get
> people abducted... also try left clicking the mailbox, and trashcan,
> for some interesting stuff. But you must hold down shift while
> clicking, otherwise you won't notice the cheat is even activated,
> except for a bit of black text in the top right corner telling you
> what version your game is.

Thank you so much for this info., (and the added tips). I feel sorry for
all the people that have the game and don't know about this group. It has
enhanced my game experience since Sims 1. Thanks again. Your job as Pope
Been-a-Dick Adolf Panzer Rat Nazinger Torquemada has already brought great
"vision" to me.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 10:46:45 AM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:53:34 GMT, "Mary"
> <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi, well I'm more of a moron because I can't find the Tombstone of L
>> and D. I've got the shrub and some other hacks but can't find the
>> tombstone. Is that in the game or a download? The hacked mailbox
>> wasn't downloaded by me on purpose but came with something. Is the
>> tombstone one of those. Thanks for any help.
>
> The tombstone of L and D (Life and Death) is in the game, but to reach
> it you have to enter the debug code "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled
> true" then hold shift and left-click a sim. You can do lots of neat
> stuff with it... repair broken items, click the telescope and get
> people abducted... also try left clicking the mailbox, and trashcan,
> for some interesting stuff. But you must hold down shift while
> clicking, otherwise you won't notice the cheat is even activated,
> except for a bit of black text in the top right corner telling you
> what version your game is.

You left something important out, Guardian. In order to get the Tombstone,
you shift/click on the sim and then choose "Spawn." The Tombstone is only
one of the choices in that menu, but they'll never find it if they don't
find Spawn first.

Jeanie
April 21, 2005 10:46:46 AM

> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:53:34 GMT, "Mary"
>> <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, well I'm more of a moron because I can't find the Tombstone of L
>>> and D. I've got the shrub and some other hacks but can't find the
>>> tombstone. Is that in the game or a download? The hacked mailbox
>>> wasn't downloaded by me on purpose but came with something. Is the
>>> tombstone one of those. Thanks for any help.
>>
>> The tombstone of L and D (Life and Death) is in the game, but to reach
>> it you have to enter the debug code "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled
>> true" then hold shift and left-click a sim. You can do lots of neat
>> stuff with it... repair broken items, click the telescope and get
>> people abducted... also try left clicking the mailbox, and trashcan,
>> for some interesting stuff. But you must hold down shift while
>> clicking, otherwise you won't notice the cheat is even activated,
>> except for a bit of black text in the top right corner telling you
>> what version your game is.
>
> You left something important out, Guardian. In order to get the
> Tombstone,
> you shift/click on the sim and then choose "Spawn." The Tombstone is only
> one of the choices in that menu, but they'll never find it if they don't
> find Spawn first.
>
> Jeanie

Thanks for the extra tip.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 1:57:10 PM

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 05:25:58 GMT, "Mary"
<xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Thank you so much for this info., (and the added tips). I feel sorry for
>all the people that have the game and don't know about this group. It has
>enhanced my game experience since Sims 1. Thanks again. Your job as Pope
>Been-a-Dick Adolf Panzer Rat Nazinger Torquemada has already brought great
>"vision" to me.

LOL, you're most welcome :-)

You can also use it to spawn brand new CPU created sims of any age and
gender that you immediatly control. I started a "boarding school" with
an old woman and used the tombstone to spawn 12 kids that now live
there and are going to grow up and move out and start families :-) You
can also "move in" people from anywhere in the neighbourhood. VERY
useful for prisons, psychiatric institutions, boarding schools,
temporary stay-overs, vacations etc... you don't have to create a fake
person and have them befriend them and move them in, you can just get
them in and place them there.

In my prison, I put people who do illegal stuff... and get caught,
like make money or hack, lol. When they've served some time I move
them back. In my psychiatric institution I put people who have mental
breakdowns (ie. the invisible psychologist comes to see them)... and
sometimes I just have friends stay over for a week or two.. hehe
April 22, 2005 12:18:37 PM

> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 05:25:58 GMT, "Mary"
> <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>Thank you so much for this info., (and the added tips). I feel sorry for
>>all the people that have the game and don't know about this group. It has
>>enhanced my game experience since Sims 1. Thanks again. Your job as Pope
>>Been-a-Dick Adolf Panzer Rat Nazinger Torquemada has already brought great
>>"vision" to me.
>
> LOL, you're most welcome :-)
>
> You can also use it to spawn brand new CPU created sims of any age and
> gender that you immediatly control. I started a "boarding school" with
> an old woman and used the tombstone to spawn 12 kids that now live
> there and are going to grow up and move out and start families :-) You
> can also "move in" people from anywhere in the neighbourhood. VERY
> useful for prisons, psychiatric institutions, boarding schools,
> temporary stay-overs, vacations etc... you don't have to create a fake
> person and have them befriend them and move them in, you can just get
> them in and place them there.
>
> In my prison, I put people who do illegal stuff... and get caught,
> like make money or hack, lol. When they've served some time I move
> them back. In my psychiatric institution I put people who have mental
> breakdowns (ie. the invisible psychologist comes to see them)... and
> sometimes I just have friends stay over for a week or two.. hehe

Cool ideas. I'd like to create a Star Trek crew but 8 was never enough.
I'd probably need SimPe to do some tweaking. It would also be interesting
to see how a "Super Hero" hotel would work. I'd like to see if they would
all drive each other insane with their "goodness". Ooops...being Pope and
all you might be offended by that last comment. I trust that you are a hip
kind of Pope with a sense of humor who also believes in space travel.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 12:42:43 PM

"Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> Cool ideas. I'd like to create a Star Trek crew but 8 was never enough.
ST Orig or STTNG?

Try splitting them into households (obvious, really) Or mixing and matching
all the series into one humongous neighbourhood. This is great fun - if you
are that way inclined.

One run I had a great glowering gang of Klingons rampaging round a turreted
castle;
Brought all the Vulcans (including the elder priestesses) into a couple of
logical compounds filled with computers and scattered the humans all over,
but put all the captains into one house and let them fight it out to become
the alpha male.

Some crafty editing of relationships between the houses in Simpe ensured
that life-long friends didn't hate each other at sight and that enemies
remained so at the begining.
This is a blessing, as you can add family links even between new households.

Result? Ruddy chaos. 8(((
If those Vulcans could have build a big wall round their houses and banned
everyone else, I am sure they would have done so - or, as they would point
out 'I am sure, they would so have done.' Ugh!

Granny.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 2:37:54 PM

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:18:37 GMT, "Mary"
<xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Cool ideas. I'd like to create a Star Trek crew but 8 was never enough.
>I'd probably need SimPe to do some tweaking. It would also be interesting
>to see how a "Super Hero" hotel would work. I'd like to see if they would
>all drive each other insane with their "goodness". Ooops...being Pope and
>all you might be offended by that last comment. I trust that you are a hip
>kind of Pope with a sense of humor who also believes in space travel.

Superhero hotel? *lol* Hey, don't tell anyone, but I have all the Star
Trek DVD's inside my secret pope vault!
April 23, 2005 12:19:08 PM

in message news:stdh615j8gv49relbbc3bgj31j4vaj1jkj@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:18:37 GMT, "Mary"
> <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>>Cool ideas. I'd like to create a Star Trek crew but 8 was never enough.
>>I'd probably need SimPe to do some tweaking. It would also be interesting
>>to see how a "Super Hero" hotel would work. I'd like to see if they would
>>all drive each other insane with their "goodness". Ooops...being Pope
>>and
>>all you might be offended by that last comment. I trust that you are a
>>hip
>>kind of Pope with a sense of humor who also believes in space travel.
>
> Superhero hotel? *lol* Hey, don't tell anyone, but I have all the Star
> Trek DVD's inside my secret pope vault!

I knew they chose the right pope. I must confess, I have all the Star Trek
DVD's completely out in the open, subjecting them to theft by one of those
"space alien" cults. As far as my hotel, I'm almost certain that Bat Woman
will drop Batman for Spiderman.
April 23, 2005 12:26:24 PM

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Cool ideas. I'd like to create a Star Trek crew but 8 was never enough.
> ST Orig or STTNG?
>
> Try splitting them into households (obvious, really) Or mixing and
> matching all the series into one humongous neighbourhood. This is great
> fun - if you are that way inclined.
>
> One run I had a great glowering gang of Klingons rampaging round a
> turreted castle;
> Brought all the Vulcans (including the elder priestesses) into a couple of
> logical compounds filled with computers and scattered the humans all over,
> but put all the captains into one house and let them fight it out to
> become the alpha male.
>
> Some crafty editing of relationships between the houses in Simpe ensured
> that life-long friends didn't hate each other at sight and that enemies
> remained so at the begining.
> This is a blessing, as you can add family links even between new
> households.
>
> Result? Ruddy chaos. 8(((
> If those Vulcans could have build a big wall round their houses and banned
> everyone else, I am sure they would have done so - or, as they would point
> out 'I am sure, they would so have done.' Ugh!
>
> Granny.

Lol, I've actually done something very similar in Sims 1. Just starting in
Sims 2. I had one hood where I mixed/matched, one with each Trek version
etc.. Sims 1 had really cool Trek stuff. The relationship between Spock
and the Voyager doctor was so amusing.
January 31, 2009 5:25:31 PM

Quote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:53:34 GMT, "Mary"
<xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Hi, well I'm more of a moron because I can't find the Tombstone of L and D.
>I've got the shrub and some other hacks but can't find the tombstone. Is
>that in the game or a download? The hacked mailbox wasn't downloaded by me
>on purpose but came with something. Is the tombstone one of those. Thanks
>for any help.

The tombstone of L and D (Life and Death) is in the game, but to reach
it you have to enter the debug code "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled
true" then hold shift and left-click a sim. You can do lots of neat
stuff with it... repair broken items, click the telescope and get
people abducted... also try left clicking the mailbox, and trashcan,
for some interesting stuff. But you must hold down shift while
clicking, otherwise you won't notice the cheat is even activated,
except for a bit of black text in the top right corner telling you
what version your game is.

Excuse me....
i kept on trying on doing what you told other people about getting more than 8 people in the family. I kept on trying to do that, but nothing happened. I tryed like at least 20 times. =-= and nothing ever happened. I NEED HELP!!!!! XD
!